Warm source?
Oct 25, 2006 at 11:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

ap3rtis

100+ Head-Fier
Hey all, I recently got a govibe-5, and paired with my dt990, the sound has seemed to got a bit more "bright" and fatiguing. I plan to do a more thorough listen later on and see how it goes, maybe it will calm down. Anyway, I have a laptop, and was considering getting an maudio transit to act as a new source, but I also heard that could be a harsh source as well, so I'm wondering is there any sources with tame highs? I am willing to spend about 100$ and would be a plus if I could get it shipped inside Canada. My laptop has USB/firewire ports and a PCMCIA slot. Thoughts? (May be willing to sell the amp and get a good source, echo comes to mind, if that would be the best route.)

Thanks.

Oct 26, 2006 at 7:21 PM Post #2 of 4
If the DT990 you have is the 2005 version (new one) they need about 250 hours of burn in to tame the highs, although 300 would be better. The 2005 DT990 has a lot of treble energy so be aware that the treble will be in your face, not as much as Grado but more than AKG or Senn.

The Go-Vibe 5 benefits from burn in although not as extensive as other amps. I would say 72 hours or so (about one battery worth). Once both are burned in you should really like the sound, at least I do.

Oct 26, 2006 at 11:37 PM Post #3 of 4
ok, I will give that a shot for sure, thanks for the info. I think I likely have about 100 hours or less on my dt990 and maybe 10 on the amp. So I guess it's to early to pass judgement. I still think I should be getting a source upgrade though, because that should make the biggest improvement in sound. Any thoughts towards a source?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back