Warm sounding IEMs?
Aug 7, 2012 at 5:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

lostmage

100+ Head-Fier
I need a new pair of IEMs, since I'm selling my Klipsch S4s, and I'm looking for a warmer sounding IEM. For some reason, it's hard to find ones that are said to sound warm around my budget (150$), most of them are BA with a leaner sound. I'm looking for something that sounds really full (Probably dynamic drivers?). Clear and relatively balanced, but full, with some warmth. I want to stay away from anything that can be regarded as cold or lean sounding. 

Currently looking at Sony MDR-EX600s, but I'm worried about the supposed lack of isolation with them. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Aug 7, 2012 at 5:51 PM Post #2 of 11
The GR07 are very balanced, and full as you are looking for. However, I would suggest using a bass boost with them if you are looking for warmth.

The EX600 is a good pick but like you said, is vented and thus doesn't isolate well. You may also want to take a look at the Yamaha EPH100.

Aug 7, 2012 at 5:58 PM Post #4 of 11
Quote:
Would the V-moda M80s be worth looking into also? I've read that their sound tends towards what I'm looking for.

It is a warmer sound...  But not really an IEM :p

Aug 8, 2012 at 4:44 AM Post #10 of 11
I was thinking GRO7 too upon reading the OP. Probably as balanced as you'll get while leaning towards 'warmish'

It appears lee and myself think alike. :p

Aug 8, 2012 at 5:52 AM Post #11 of 11
I'm kinda tempted by the FX500 and doing the filter mod on them :p. From what I've heard they are extremely pleasant to listen to and even compare to the LCD2 but at a much cheaper price point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back