Warm sounding dac's
Nov 7, 2009 at 5:49 AM Post #16 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by arielext /img/forum/go_quote.gif
From all dac's i heard i like the stagedac most; you can always tweak the sound from it with the 6 switches it has, stonecoled to cool to warm sounding

this dac is very interesting...tweaking sounds very nice, and wolfson top of the line chip sound very nice too
bigsmile_face.gif

I will investigate it further.

Nov 7, 2009 at 4:01 PM Post #17 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by AmanGeorge /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The MDHT DACs are supposed to be warm and lush sounding - might be worth a shot (although I've never heard one myself).

Mine MHDT Paradisea (with stocked tube and op-amp) did not have even a slightest trace of warmth or lushiness. On the contrary, it was very, very neutral, with great PRaT.
This shows how subjective things may be.

Nov 8, 2009 at 8:22 PM Post #19 of 26
I just did a mini-comparison of an HRT Music Streamer+ vs. my PS Audio DLIII (stock) over in the Computer Audio section. Overall I prefer the DLIII slightly, but the Music Streamer+ definitely has a touch of lushness and warmth to it and may be a good bet.

Nov 10, 2009 at 7:28 PM Post #20 of 26
any bang for the buck recommendations? maybe something really cheap and quite warm sounding?
I just bought a new tube amp lately and some tubes...but I want to warm up my system a little more.

Nov 10, 2009 at 7:42 PM Post #21 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by plonter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
any bang for the buck recommendations? maybe something really cheap and quite warm sounding?
I just bought a new tube amp lately and some tubes...but I want to warm up my system a little more.

Musical Fidelity is known for warm presentation and their V-DAC seems to have very positive reviews.

Nov 10, 2009 at 7:50 PM Post #22 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by AdamWysokinski /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Musical Fidelity is known for warm presentation and their V-DAC seems to have very positive reviews.

thanks..I will look for it. I have been messing only with amps and headphones for the past two years so my knowledge in dac's is really lacking.

Nov 10, 2009 at 8:19 PM Post #23 of 26
Hmmm, the new Naim DAC, if holding any resemblance to the house-sound, might be a good choice as well. It's a bit pricey though..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back