Warm sound, Wide Soundstage, Boomy Bass. Which is best?
May 3, 2010 at 2:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

andre56

Head-Fier
Hi,
I'm looking for a new pair of IEM's and have narrowed down my choices but I don't which to go for. The choices are Denon C751, Sennheiser IE6 and Hippo VB. I'm not a basshead but I do want good punchy bass with enough quantity. Mids are also very important. I want warm smooth mids and as wide soundstage as possible. Highs I'm not too bothered about but preferably soft, clear highs. Which would you say fits my needs more?

Thanks

May 3, 2010 at 3:00 PM Post #3 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by midoo1990 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You are exactly describing the sennheiser sound hence ie8.

+1

May 3, 2010 at 3:01 PM Post #4 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by midoo1990 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You are exactly describing the sennheiser sound hence ie8.

Exactly what I would get if I could afford them. However their too expensive. Would you say the IE6's would be the next best or would the denon's be better or the hippo vb's for that matter. Also I may be able to get IE7's would you say they would be best for me?

May 3, 2010 at 3:12 PM Post #5 of 23
How much you are ready to spend?

There is rumours about fake Sennheisers...

May 3, 2010 at 3:32 PM Post #6 of 23
Up to £80 max. But preferably around £60

May 3, 2010 at 3:43 PM Post #7 of 23
Send a private message to mark2410 and ask him about the ie7 because he have both the ie7 and ie8 and I think the denon also.

May 3, 2010 at 5:22 PM Post #10 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by lucozade /img/forum/go_quote.gif
id say ie6 @ £80, ie7 goes for around £120 in the uk, and ie6 is supposed to sound more like ie8 then the ie7 .

So you think the IE6 would be better than the denon's. The denon's have got very good reviews.

May 3, 2010 at 5:25 PM Post #11 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by andre56 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So you think the IE6 would be better than the denon's. The denon's have got very good reviews.

ive never heard the denons so i can't say ,however the denons are said to be best for electronic music if thats eny help
happy_face1.gif

May 3, 2010 at 5:25 PM Post #12 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by FirsToStrike /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Fischer Audio Silver Bullet i think.

There not available in UK

May 3, 2010 at 5:28 PM Post #13 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by lucozade /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ive never heard the denons so i can't say ,however the denons are said to be best for electronic music if thats eny help
happy_face1.gif

Yes that has been said. I think the IE6's may be more for me. Are there any other IEM's that you would say compare to them that I should consider?

May 3, 2010 at 5:57 PM Post #14 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by andre56 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi,
I'm looking for a new pair of IEM's and have narrowed down my choices but I don't which to go for. The choices are Denon C751, Sennheiser IE6 and Hippo VB. I'm not a basshead but I do want good punchy bass with enough quantity. Mids are also very important. I want warm smooth mids and as wide soundstage as possible. Highs I'm not too bothered about but preferably soft, clear highs. Which would you say fits my needs more?

Thanks

Sennheiser IE7 has detailed midrange with good punchy bass and really wide soundstage. Hippo VB has interchangable plates to shape the sound you want but it has wide soundstage with detailed, clean mids and highs. So i will recommend Sennheiser IE7, Hippo VB and i heard IE6 is too bass heavy with reccessed midrange and soundstage is average.

May 3, 2010 at 6:08 PM Post #15 of 23
I do want the IE7's but it's going to be hard to get them under £100

Users who are viewing this thread

Back