Warm, Smooth bassy IEM for iPhone 7
Apr 9, 2017 at 11:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

provoked

New Head-Fier
Hey all,

My lovely RHA mha750i's have died :frowning2: Cable failure.

I am now looking for a replacement, especially now that I have just purchased a new phone, the iPhone 7 Plus.

I'm looking for a warm, smooth and bassy (a little more bass than the RHAs would be welcome). I actually don't mind the sound signature of the stock iPhone EarPods, however it feels like I've shoved rocks in my ears when I use them... I'm also looking to have inline mic and controls. I commute with them daily, would be nice to have the ability to make calls and skip tracks/adjust volume at the same time.

I recently purchased Xiaomi Piston 3's in an attempt to get something on the cheap however do not like them at all. Sounds muddy and flat, no bass whatsoever and no warmth. Hope this all makes sense - I'm no audio genius so my descriptions may not make sense, I'm just after that warm bassy sound that I love (best way I can describe it is it's roundish and deep).

Music I listen to: Pretty much anything. However I love Of Monsters and Men, Mumford & Sons (esp their new stuff), The Temper Trap, Coldplay and similar. Also like the top hits.

Budget is around $150 AUD/$~120 USD.

So far I've thought about Shure SE215.

Thoughts and suggestions?

Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back