Warm interconnect recommendations (ecosse composer vs vdh name vs vdh d102)
Jan 26, 2007 at 3:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

eitook

100+ Head-Fier
Hi Guys,

Would really appreciate it if you peeps could give recommendations for a "warm" sounding pair of interconnects, as currently my whole system is slightly "edgy and bright" and basically very fatiguing to listen to. I would particularly fancy a cable which gives a wide soundstage, less forward treble and mids, and tight bass.

My budget would be max 40 quid, and I have shortlisted the candidates to the ecosse composer, van den hul the name and van den hul d102 hybrid.

can anyone who has heard any of the 3 above, chime in and please tell me the inherent audio characteristics of the cable?

Many thanks and cheers,
Nick

Jan 26, 2007 at 6:28 PM Post #2 of 2
Fully Shielded Cables w/ Teflon Insulated Gold Connectors

Without a doubt, these cables are something for the price. I must admit I've been a doubting Thomas with regards to IC's. These have brought out details that were unheard previously.

I was listening to a Dave Matthews cd last night at low to moderate levels and from a good distance away, I heard things in the music that I hadn't heard before.

The bass is deeper and tighter, the highs are enhanced, not attenuated, just clearer and the treble is darker.

They aren't "revealing to the point of discovery" but they are great bang for the buck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back