Warm dongle: 7hz 71 vs Shio?
Jul 18, 2023 at 2:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

New Head-Fier
Hi!

I’m looking for a warm dongle to pair with the KZ PR2 and TRN ST5. I have the Fosi DS1 which I find too sharp sounding for those iems at times. Looking for something warmer.

So far I use a dongle with the ALC 4042 chip when I get fatigued which is warm but a sub bass bump and am looking for something that is warm but more balanced.

Already have several desktop dac/amps. The dongle would be used with the phone and 70mw should be enough. The 7hz 71 should be enough power-wise.

So far the 7hz 71, the Truthears Shio or a similar CS43198/CS43131 and AK4377 chips dongles are the options I’m considering.

Won’t be able to try them before ordering.

Can someone help me out?

Thanks

Dec 4, 2023 at 1:20 PM Post #2 of 2
Hello, I know this is an older thread but if you're still looking the SHIO would be a good option.

If you want something slightly less warm, and with a better ability to resolve details and have faster response then take a look at the AkLIAM PD4 Plus.

A great resource for dongles is AndyAudioVault on YouTube.

He showed this in his recent review of FiiO KA13: (credits go to AndyAudioVault)
1701714352452.png

PS. I own the AkLIAM PD4 Plus from this list, and its a truly amazing unit. You can find my review of it here on Head-Fi. I also own the Truthear SHIO and it isn't as good imo.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back