Warm And Thick Cans!
Apr 9, 2015 at 10:00 PM Post #16 of 19
Yes, the pads are replaceable.

No, 2X the price won't get you 200% the performance,  it will get you a more comfortable headphone and a different sound, but still in the same league.  The best bang for your buck is definitely the HD518, though if you don't like its distinctive signature, it isn't a good buy. Right now on Amazon at 99$, the HD558 is (imo) the best buy in the lineup.
Sure, I'll check the HD 558. If I can find a good price. As headphones from where I am are not cheap. And last question. How does that HD 558 compare to the 595? As they are very similar. Sorry for the tons of questioning.

Apr 9, 2015 at 10:35 PM Post #18 of 19
Sure, I'll check the HD 558. If I can find a good price. As headphones from where I am are not cheap. And last question. How does that HD 558 compare to the 595? As they are very similar. Sorry for the tons of questioning.

As I said earlier, I haven't heard any HD5x5, so I wont comment on that comparison.

Apr 10, 2015 at 5:45 AM Post #19 of 19
I don't think Sennheiser's HD555 and certainly not HD580/600 are what you are looking for. Sennheiser's are fairly neutral headphones and I wouldn't describe them as thick sounding, perhaps slighly warm but not much. The HD595 are a bit more forward and colourful as well as being elegantly dark headphones. Other manufactures like Sony, Grado will have much more colour than Sennheiser.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back