Warm and Balanced IEM recommendations?
Apr 20, 2018 at 9:06 PM Post #31 of 40
I myself don’t find the Quads very bright they have nice detail but are not what I would call bright and definitely not sparkly. Yes brighter than the Triple Drivers but not by a lot. Another thing, you can’t get warm and balanced . Balanced means it gives no preference to any frequency and should produce all at equal levels from the source if the source has that also. To me balanced and neutral are the same. Not sure what people mean by what they say sometimes.

Apr 21, 2018 at 5:14 PM Post #33 of 40
My GR07 arrives on Monday and I can let you know how it sounds a couple of days after!

Apr 24, 2018 at 12:38 AM Post #35 of 40
I got my GR07 Bass Edition (2017) with detachable cables, Shure olive tips and Dragonfly Red and I'm loving them. It's definitely has a very warm and sweet sound signature. You can drift off to sleep with them because they're just that relaxing. Vocals are not recessed and the bass is clear with good extension into the sub-bass and treble.

Apr 26, 2018 at 3:33 AM Post #36 of 40
I got the t20i yesterday, have been listening to them regualrly with the reference filter. SQ is good but not great. definitely picking up the V shaped sound sig. going to try the treble filter and get some burn-in time see if my feelings change. if not, it's going back and i'll order the Dunu's.

as a long shot, I briefly entertained the idea of SE535's despite being twice my intended budget.

Apr 26, 2018 at 3:41 AM Post #37 of 40
DUNU-2000 are also slightly V-shaped.

I think you might like the Campfire Comets. Good bass extension and quantity, clear and not recessed vocals and good treble. It's balanced.

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2018 at 12:07 PM Post #39 of 40
DUNU-2000 are also slightly V-shaped.

I think you might like the Campfire Comets. Good bass extension and quantity, clear and not recessed vocals and good treble. It's balanced.

I'd think the DN-2000's would be less so than the RHAs?

The CA Orion are a little light on bass and treble extension, but absolutely love female vocals - especially in a more stripped-back setting (i.e. London Grammar, Loma, Denali etc).

I'll look into the Campfire's, haven't considered them

Apr 28, 2018 at 1:29 PM Post #40 of 40
I definitely think so. I did my research on the RHA T20 too. I suspect the bass is muddy and bleeds into the mid vocals which is not good. That's why I chose not to buy it.

If you want something warm, I think you're looking for something with good extension to the sub-bass, good mid-bass quantity that does not bleed in the vocals and clear male vocals. For something like that, I suggest the GR07BE which I've recommended before and perhaps the iBasso IT01 (I'll get mine soon so I'll let you know how it sounds). The RE-400 are great too.

The worst thing about the V-shape is it recesses the vocals if not done right which is bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back