Warm Amp/DAC under 100$?
Jul 3, 2013 at 9:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Justlog

100+ Head-Fier
is there any kind of a warm DAC/Amp under the price point of 100$?
My Brainwavz B2's are about to arrive and I would like to test them out first of course but I heard that they love a nice warm DAC/Amp and I would like to get one under the price point of 100$.
Any advices?

Jul 4, 2013 at 7:29 AM Post #2 of 6
Pretty much almost anything in that price point, and double it, would likely be warm. At lower price points chances are there will be compromises, and for "audiophile" products, a "warm" sound is the safest compromise. Given that's an IEM, I'd suggest you look more into portable amps - many of them tend to have their gain (and output impedance) matched for low-impedance, higher sensitivity IEMs.

One specific suggestion - Ibasso D-Zero. Still, check if anyone's used it on the B2's to be sure; it's possible I only find it warm because it might be its distortion characteristic with my HD600s, and the pads I was using the past two months (while my main amp was out of commission) were also a bit old.

Jul 4, 2013 at 3:53 PM Post #3 of 6
Quote:
Pretty much almost anything in that price point, and double it, would likely be warm. At lower price points chances are there will be compromises, and for "audiophile" products, a "warm" sound is the safest compromise. Given that's an IEM, I'd suggest you look more into portable amps - many of them tend to have their gain (and output impedance) matched for low-impedance, higher sensitivity IEMs.

One specific suggestion - Ibasso D-Zero. Still, check if anyone's used it on the B2's to be sure; it's possible I only find it warm because it might be its distortion characteristic with my HD600s, and the pads I was using the past two months (while my main amp was out of commission) were also a bit old.

Thank you for your suggestion.
Do you might know a store that sells the Ibasso D-Zero and ship it worldwide?

Jul 5, 2013 at 12:06 AM Post #6 of 6
I've owned a e07k not sure to call it "warm" but you can eq +2 bass which is just enough to sound natural and gives a little "warmer" tone. 
+1 on ibasso D-Zero Also maybe e11 not a dac thou just a amp, not to sure how warm it is but I believe so. But you should check out a thread on it to double check

Users who are viewing this thread

Back