Warcraft 2 soundtrack music?
May 13, 2006 at 8:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Cyrilix

500+ Head-Fier
I've been a PC gamer since 1992-1993, and out of all the games I've played, the Warcraft 2 music has really stood out to me the most. It's the one game I can still play where the music itself makes me feel both great and nostalgic at the same time. The medieval atmosphere is just very well set into all the songs (especially the human tracks). The only issue, however, is in the fact that they likely won't sound as natural as with well encoded mp3s, as the music was made in midi, but I find the true strength of what I like about music is still retained in all of the tracks despite its encoding methods.

Is there anyone else that has heard the Warcraft 2 midis and also enjoys the music?

May 13, 2006 at 8:44 PM Post #2 of 6
I believe soundtracks of the games were availible with special edition purchases or something.

Great music though hey
biggrin.gif

May 13, 2006 at 10:14 PM Post #3 of 6
WarCraft II had both a MIDI and CD-Audio soundtrack (right there on the game CD). You played the game with the MIDI soundtrack only? You missed out!!!

May 13, 2006 at 11:07 PM Post #4 of 6
I have the BNE edition, but I'll double check to see if the music is actually on the CD.

May 14, 2006 at 6:44 AM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Asr
WarCraft II had both a MIDI and CD-Audio soundtrack (right there on the game CD). You played the game with the MIDI soundtrack only? You missed out!!!

Now I remember, years ago I put the CD into the stereo to see if it would play music and it did, although my CD was lost.

May 15, 2006 at 9:49 PM Post #6 of 6
I like the musics of that game very much aswell.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Asr
You played the game with the MIDI soundtrack only? You missed out!!!

With good MIDI playing hard-/software the very good quality MIDIs of the game really come to live; and I actually prefer them to the CD-tracks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back