Wanting to try the Grado sound...
Apr 19, 2006 at 8:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 29

themanster

Head-Fier
Well, I already have a pair of Senn HD595s, and I am getting kinda curious about the "house" sound of other headphones. I really wanna try out the Alessandro MS-1s. They are made by grado right? The thing is I have pretty much made up my mind about buying these, considering the reputation they have, the relatively low price, and the free shipping (i live in Singapore). So if anyone has violent objections or reasons for me not to buy the MS-1s, please tell me.
icon10.gif

Apr 19, 2006 at 8:09 AM Post #2 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by themanster
So if anyone has violent objections or reasons for me not to buy the MS-1s, please tell me.
icon10.gif

If someone chimes in, he's probably lying. Go for the MS-1s, they're awesome.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 19, 2006 at 8:11 AM Post #3 of 29
my violent objection is that the SR60s are good towards figuring out the sound, the MS-1 costs more.

Apr 19, 2006 at 8:17 AM Post #4 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by granodemostasa
my violent objection is that the SR60s are good towards figuring out the sound, the MS-1 costs more.

Not when shopping outside the U.S.

Apr 19, 2006 at 8:20 AM Post #5 of 29
yes they are made by grado, yes they are 99 shipped worldwide, and yes you should do it.
evil_smiley.gif

Apr 19, 2006 at 12:08 PM Post #7 of 29
I only have one problem with my MS-1s.......

Now, I.....

.......really, really......really want MS-2S!!!

Seriously; I am very happy with my MS-1s
smily_headphones1.gif

After tons of research I felt that they should match the "sound" of my home speaker system, which I spent even MORE time and effort on, than my cans! But......they do!!

Couldn't be happier!

(but now I DO want MS-2s!!)

Apr 19, 2006 at 1:12 PM Post #9 of 29
The Alessandros are a great way to get into the Grado house sound. Be prepared for the future though.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 19, 2006 at 3:44 PM Post #10 of 29
get the SR60s used to minimize loss when reselling, since there is a large possibility that you may not like it. Then, you can upgrade to say, the RS-1?

Apr 19, 2006 at 4:35 PM Post #11 of 29
I suspect you will love the MS-1s. Go for it!

If this is your first foray into the Grado world, you are in for a surprise (esp. comming from Senns). Weather or not that surprise is a good one or a bad one is up to your own ears of corse, but I would wager it will be an ear-opening experience regardless.

Good luck.

P.S. What types of music do you listen to most often?

Apr 19, 2006 at 5:53 PM Post #13 of 29
I went from the 595's to the SR225's and I am really enjoying them. They have pretty much replaced the 595's as my main listening can. I listen to alot of metal and they definitely convey the tone of guitars and the impact of drums better than the 595's. I dont know about the MS-1 but if they're anything like the 225's then theres a decent chance that youll like them.

Apr 19, 2006 at 6:19 PM Post #15 of 29
i have them, and enjoy them day after day!
biggrin.gif

buuuuuuuut.... don't be disappointed with them at first. give them some time to burn in, and slowly but surely they'll be soundin' good
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back