Wanting to get back into good heaphones.
Jun 19, 2019 at 12:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

oakleyguy89

100+ Head-Fier
Hey guys its been a while since I been on here. Long story short I ended up selling my favorite setup of DBV Modded T50RP MkIIs and my JDS Labs O2 amp back in early 2017 for extra money. My "friend" paid me half and then every time I would try to bring it up and whatnot he just blows me off so here I am...

The only set of cans I am using now/have are my Brainwavz Hm5s and the galaxy buds I got for pre-ordering the S10+. I am currently driving them with my galaxy S10+ and I usually have them to about 80% volume. I forgot how well they sound compared to what I've been used to lately. My only other cans are my HyperX Cloud Stingers and I use them only for gaming.

I am looking for recommendations for some headphones/amps for around the $275 range (Second hand it fine). I want to use them with my gaming PC, gaming laptop, and my S10+ mainly. I also have a clip zip with rockbox too so I could use that as a source as well. I listen to mostly EDM, but I also listen to a lot of other stuff other than newer country and jazz. I would like an amp that is somewhat portable but that might be unrealistic if I want to run high ohm headphones. I was thinking of something like a pair of HD6XXs and maybe a JDS Labs Atom? I want it for my EDM and gaming mostly. What would you guys recommend? Thanks!!!

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2019 at 12:39 PM Post #2 of 3
Atom is getting a lot of positive reviews,havent heard it myself though.
Perhaps look into V-Moda M100. Big bass for your EDM,easy to drive. Comes with a removable mic(i think)too.
Swap the pads for added comfort.

Jun 20, 2019 at 1:37 PM Post #3 of 3
Atom is getting a lot of positive reviews,havent heard it myself though.
Perhaps look into V-Moda M100. Big bass for your EDM,easy to drive. Comes with a removable mic(i think)too.
Swap the pads for added comfort.
Thanks for the suggestion, I actually ended up ordering an atom amp and buying a second hand set of HE-4XX's from another Headfier on here! I actually love my HM5's and i'm by no means a bass head but I do feel like the low bass on them are a tad lacking but they sound great to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back