Wanting to build a PINT or Pimeta and can't find the instructions anymore
Dec 19, 2006 at 7:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Tristor

New Head-Fier
I've searched around and I can't find the instructions/plans for doing a DIY PINT/Pimeta amp anymore. Anybody happen to know where they are located? I had thought they were at http://jmtaudio.com/portable_amp.htm, but jmtaudio.com is down.

Dec 19, 2006 at 7:16 PM Post #3 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by PFKMan23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Realize that PINT boards are discontinued/not being made anymore. I think you may find more assistance in the DIY forum on this site.

Thank you. I'm not so worried about the boards not being made anymore since I have access to the equipment to etch my own as well as the other parts.

Dec 19, 2006 at 7:20 PM Post #4 of 6
Tangent doesn't publish the board files for the designs that he supports. So if you want to etch your own you're going to have to do your own layout. I'd start with the PIMETA as not only is it more forgiving electronically but the layout would be easier as well. The PINT is like a clown car with an amazing number of parts occupying an extremely small area.

My 2¢,

Nate

Dec 19, 2006 at 8:50 PM Post #5 of 6
You may want to checkout Headwize.com in their DIY forums for links. They also have a pretty decent library for DIY projects.

Dec 20, 2006 at 12:43 AM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by n_maher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd start with the PIMETA as not only is it more forgiving electronically but the layout would be easier as well.
Nate

He might as well just buy it from Tangent IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back