Wanted to thank everyone!
Apr 16, 2003 at 1:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

jeffreyj900

Headphoneus Supremus
This is such a great place for information. I have been lurking/researching for a couple of weeks. I have a 10gb ipod, and was looking for a pair of headpones to replace the stock ones. I really considered the ety er6's and a supermini from fixup. He was great by the way. I sent him an e-mail and he responded VERY quickly. However, based on my "research" it was clear that I needed to buy the ety er-4p :) Which I got via Headroom. They ROCK by the way! I couldn't be happier! I plan to get the supermini v5.18 soon. I noticed that fixup mentioned, on his website, that some ipod owners experienced low volume with the supermini and the ER-4S built in converter. So... He took it out, but it is available upon request. I plan on ordering the supermini, but am wondering if I should order it with the 4S converter built in? Anyone have v5.18 with the converter using ER-4P's with an ipod?

Thanks again!

Jeff

Apr 16, 2003 at 6:16 AM Post #4 of 19
When I use my Etys (with the P to S adapater cable) on my iPod, unamped, I do have to turn it up fairly high. But keep in mind the volume on the iPod is NOT linear. Gets louder really quick, so I don't think you need to worry about he volume impact.

If you are planning on ONLY using the mini amp with your ER4Ps, then get the adapter built in. I hate having so many cords... But if you think you might want to run other things off of the mini amp (you are on head-fi, right? Sorry about your wallet) then you might want the flexibility... Then again, you could just get another mini amp...
evil_smiley.gif

As good as the ER4P is straight out of the iPod, I seem to get a bit more soundstage when I play through my Cha47. And that's without the adapter cable.

Apr 16, 2003 at 6:25 AM Post #5 of 19
Jeff, I can almost hear your credit report going down the toilet.
tongue.gif

I mean, welcome to head-fi.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 16, 2003 at 7:13 AM Post #6 of 19
Quote:

Originally posted by usc goose
Jeff, I can almost hear your credit report going down the toilet.
tongue.gif

Haha!

Whats a credit report? Thats something you use when you run out of loo paper isn't it?

Damnit... All this ETY love is making me wonder if I was hasty to sell my own
frown.gif

Apr 16, 2003 at 5:28 PM Post #9 of 19
Hi DragonLong...

I don't know really, they just sounded too sterile to me... I prefer visceral (of sorts) bass that bigger headphones can produce...

...Thats not to say that I probably won't buy another pair of ER4Ps at some stage though
wink.gif

Apr 16, 2003 at 5:33 PM Post #12 of 19
Quote:

Originally posted by bangraman
I'm beginning to wonder if Duncan is Lou Version 2.0...
very_evil_smiley.gif

Not at all
biggrin.gif

But when you're used to bass notes hitting, with impact, and instead you get a 'light tap', it just doesn't sound right (to me)...

smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 16, 2003 at 6:19 PM Post #13 of 19
shot

May 2, 2003 at 2:37 PM Post #14 of 19
First off my first post here, and I wanted to convey how much my wallet and I hate this place!
wink.gif
I see what I've read about this place being very addictive. I've been lurking around searching here for a few weeks, and have learned tons! I really do like, and appreciate all the help I've reciveied here. But I do have one questoion that I havent really seen discussed in detail, concearning the ER4P - ER4S adapter cable. I've pretty much made up my mind to go with the ER4S ETY's, but am curious how does the ER4P - ER4S adapter compare to just the staight ER4S itself? After searching, and going through a bunch of threads I've only seen 2 very brief answers which didnt give any real details. Anyone out there listen to both? Any help would be greaty appreciated.

May 2, 2003 at 6:03 PM Post #15 of 19
Rush0212...

Welcome to Head-Fi
biggrin.gif

I briefly had the ETY 4P and 4S adapter cable, and it really smooths down the ETY sonic signature having them up at 100 ohms, if you were to find the ER4P too aggressive, and had a headphone amp, the 4S adapter could well be your saviour
biggrin.gif

As to the difference between a 4P + adapter cable and a standard ER4S... sorry, I can't help there
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back