Wanted: Quality OCD on at a steal!
Feb 1, 2013 at 10:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Ragncajn

New Head-Fier
Need advice!
 I'm a newb to the forum and have been researching different options for ipad, iphone, and POD guitar sessions.. I need a quality set on or in ear phones but I'm on a tight budget ($40). I jam with a POD pedal daily and listen to some of my favorite bands on my iphone (Brant Bjork, Porcupine Tree, Deftones, Clutch, guitar stuff ect.) I dont need a bloated base, but enjoy a bottom that doesn't sound thin, a tight lowish-mid, shimmering but subtle highs. I'm hoping for a cloth type cable with good length, comfort level of around three hours per listening session, and a mic would help take those annoying work calls.I also don't want anything to big as to draw unwanted attention at work. I down loaded the JVC BBE app for a bit of control but the apple buds just suc on the low end and hurt my ears after 30 mins, and the Colouds my girlfriend gave me just look blah and sound meh. Any help is greatly appreciated!
I might go up on budget if I found some phones with the warmth of my tube amps and dynamics of my THX set up.
L3000.gif

Feb 1, 2013 at 4:22 PM Post #2 of 3
For that price i would go for the Soundmagic E10M a very nice headphone, If you can go without a mic i would suggest the Vsonic GR02 Bass edition which i think is a step from the E10M in sound quality. Can't say anything about comfort since that is different from person to person, I for one can have IEM's on for more than 2 hours and it doesn't matter which one (haven't tried customs yet though).

IF you want an on ear the JVC S400 for $40 or if you stretch it a bit you can get it's big brother the S500 for about $50 both plus shipping. I haven't heard them but they seem to create quite the hype so they are probably really good.

I suggest you look up some reviews on the ones i've mentioned so you can see if it's something for you

PS: if you can't find reviews on the Soundmagic E10M search for soundmagic E10 instead, it's basically the same just without the mic.

Feb 1, 2013 at 7:17 PM Post #3 of 3
Thanks so much, I'm looking on ear or cans now. Stopped by TJ Maxx and grabbed some Philips 9550's on a whim for $8. With the BBE they sound cool on the go. Amazed at how much Im changing the settings for different albums. My next step is an additional pair of larger phones for my guitar rig. The JVC are on tap for now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back