Wanted: PM download function
Apr 12, 2004 at 1:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

lini

Thought the last line in Citizen Kane was nosebud.
Alright, this is my problem: I have an open (= unanswered) PM from elnero, which I can't answer, because I've reached my PM box limit while at the same time I can't bring myself to delete any of my remaining PMs. That situation seems somewhat unsatisfactory to me, which is why I'd really like to see a new function for downloading PMs (individually or even better in batches) in order not to lose any. Anyone with me? And, Jude, would that be possible to implement?

Greetings from Hannover!

Manfred / lini

Apr 12, 2004 at 1:34 PM Post #2 of 7
lini...

This might sound like a daft question, but is your outbox (sent items) empty? if not... that might (at least temporarily) free you up
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 12, 2004 at 1:47 PM Post #3 of 7
Also make sure your "Message Tracking" folder is empty as this counts against your 125 total.

Apr 12, 2004 at 5:30 PM Post #4 of 7
Duncan: I do it the other way round, actually - usually I only keep my (last) answer (including the quoted received PM(s)), while I delete everything but yet unanswered PMs and PMs that don't require an answer. Thus my inbox is almost empty, but my sent items folder tends to overflow...

JMT: Thanks for the hint. I doesn't quite seem to sum up, though. Is it possible, that only sent but yet unread PMs add to the post count?

Greetings from Hannover!

Manfred / lini

Apr 12, 2004 at 7:24 PM Post #5 of 7
I end up cutting and pasting PM after PM just to free up enough room to keep under the 125 mark. I am having some problems with a buyer of some expensive cables, so I can't cler out a large percentage of my PMs. For the rest it would be great to have the ability to forward the PM to your own email address or something.

Apr 12, 2004 at 7:35 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Is it possible, that only sent but yet unread PMs add to the post count?

Yes. You can figure that any PM that is stored: read, unread, tracked, sent, etc. will count towards your limit.

Apr 12, 2004 at 9:32 PM Post #7 of 7
I'm pretty sure that scripts, or 'hacks' have been available to add the feature to download the contents of your pm box in the past. However, this is from quite a while back with an older vbulletin, and I'm not suggesting that the powers that be should fiddle with code that's currently working fine...but it would be a nice addition.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back