WANTED: Paid consultant to advise on balanced M^3 build
Nov 15, 2012 at 2:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

amcananey

Forever a 500+ Head-Fier
I'd like to build a premium balanced M^3 with power supply. I'd like it to also be usable as a preamp. Unfortunately, I'm a fairly busy guy, and I want to do it right the first time, so I am looking for someone who can review my parts list and give advice during the actual build. I'm willing to pay cash ($50 for basic advice described above, possibly more depending on how much advice I need) or trade some gear -- not looking to get advice for free.

If you are interested, please shoot me a PM and describe your prior M^3 (or other amp) building qualifications and anything else you think might be relevant.

Best regards,
Adam

Nov 15, 2012 at 5:19 PM Post #3 of 4
Some free advice from me is that there are plenty of people here that can and will offer their advice and opinions for free.

From what I've seen AMB has always been pretty good in terms of support here and on his own site, as do others with their projects available to the DIY community.

Also another thought is also that by taking something on yourself you can learn a lot (but may crash and burn :p). So say for example the parts list, research what the part does and what effect different values or types have, obviously keep it based on a tried and tested BOM, but even if you are using a BOM someone else has used that is correct it's pretty common you might have to make changes as parts are out of stock or not available locally.

Nov 15, 2012 at 6:55 PM Post #4 of 4
could use some new parts selection - running 100x oversize output mosfets gives excess nonlinear parasitic device C  to drive - but you will get claims that you're not being "true to the design" if you use 500 mA lateral MOSFET 

and the cascode fet ccs also requires different part #s for good current regulation, if not a different circuit

Users who are viewing this thread

Back