Wanted! New over ear 'phones for a 50 yr old metal head, up to £250...ideas...?
Oct 13, 2013 at 2:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Bytor123

500+ Head-Fier
...I have V Moda M80's (nice build, sound great to me, a tad uncomfy) and Bose AEw (bluetooth - it's the future! They sound lovely, if a bit quiet; maybe a bit more bass needed but otherwise perfectly fine for me). I actually listen to a lot of genres (classical, country, folk, alternative stuff, metal...) so could do with something that has range. I listen via a PC (iTunes) and a FiiO E07, or an iPod classic with SMSL sAp-4s amplifier - MP3's of various quality, mostly 320's. Am I right in thinking that it's better to spend on headphones than amp's/DAC's? I love gadgets tho, and although no audiophile, I love music and am enjoying discovering how different stuff sounds. So I'm open to all sorts of suggestions! I realise that there is also a law of diminishing returns when spending cash on equipment, but I'm wondering if there is another step up to be had in my listening experience. Oh, and I could do with the 'phones being readily available in the UK.
Thank you in advance - I enjoy reading all the posts, reviews and recommendations, keep 'em coming wherever you are.

Oct 13, 2013 at 4:20 PM Post #2 of 3
32ohm DT770 are a really good choice for metal. They are fairly balanced sounding after some very minor tinkering, they don't need a super amp to sound really good, and they are comfortable. You might want to tape the bass port holes up a little to bring the bass down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back