Wanted: Millett miniMAX kit UK
Apr 13, 2011 at 6:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

volted

Head-Fier
Hi all,

Out of curiosity, are there any UK suppliers of miniMAX kits similar to those on Beezar? Don't really want to source all the components at this point (time).

After searching around the net, these glorious forums and other sources ... I think I have settled on the miniMAX as my first headphone amp build. Looks more adventurous than a cmoy but doable (though might be jumping into the deep end!) to be followed by a DAC of some description. Thanks for the help and info I found.

Searched the forum, hope I didn't miss a previous thread.

Thanks in advance!

Apr 14, 2011 at 6:26 AM Post #2 of 4
No, beezar is the only one selling them. But the offer great service and fast shipping. I have ordered mine from the Netherlands (small country close to the UK, wrong side of the channel though) and have only praise for Beezar and Tom. But you will need to swap the wallwart, as it is a US one. I chose to  exchange it for 2 extra valves (different type).Good luck on the build, and do post some pics.

Apr 14, 2011 at 10:05 AM Post #3 of 4
No, beezar is the only one selling them. But the offer great service and fast shipping. I have ordered mine from the Netherlands (small country close to the UK, wrong side of the channel though) and have only praise for Beezar and Tom. But you will need to swap the wallwart, as it is a US one. I chose to  exchange it for 2 extra valves (different type).Good luck on the build, and do post some pics.

Thanks for the reply Gotez

It was more the import tax I was hoping to avoid. Might email Beezar and see what the score is there :wink: . Your suggestion about exchanging the wall-wart for some tubes is a good one. I'm totally lost when it comes to all these different tubes and what the pros and cons of them are.

Still pondering, but something tells me I may be whipping out my credit card!

Apr 14, 2011 at 10:52 AM Post #4 of 4
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/425199/tubes-for-millet-minimax

might help :wink:

Also http://www.diyforums.org/MiniMAX/MiniMAXoverview.php read and spell every page :wink: this will help a lot!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back