Wanted: Help choosing iems for hip hop / rnb / jazz
Mar 2, 2024 at 10:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

anonim

New Head-Fier
Hello,

I'm trying to find the graal for my listening sessions. I like deep, impactful, organic bass with great rumble, vocals also but i'm not into trebbles too crisp.
Details are importants too.
I've own a few iems among which earsonics em2, m4 pro, custom art harmony 8 pro and i still use my em4 pro but they have been tuned a few years back by custom art.

I hesitate between those :
- thieaudio monarch mk3
- oriolus Szalayi
- oriveti oh700vb
- Sound Rhyme DTE900
- Night Oblivion Butastur
- Fiio FX15

I listen to different kinds of music but most of all, hip hop, rnb, jazz, da'cehall and reggae.

Do you guys have any advices on the list up There or any contenders more suited

Thanks in advance for you replies 🙂

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2024 at 10:40 AM Post #2 of 10
I'd add the ISN EST50, or if you're averse to treble, the Penon Serial. Both have great bass impact with the right tips, just need a little bass shelf to shine.

Just bought a Szalayi so we'll see how that one stacks up when I get it.

Mar 2, 2024 at 10:43 AM Post #3 of 10
I'd add the ISN EST50, or if you're averse to treble, the Penon Serial. Both have great bass impact with the right tips, just need a little bass shelf to shine.

Just bought a Szalayi so we'll see how that one stacks up when I get it.
I'll look into those 2 also then Thanks.
Cool for the Szalayi, let me know what you think about them when you get them

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2024 at 10:47 AM Post #4 of 10
I'll look i to this 2 also then Thanks.

I'm guessing the Szalayi and the EST50 present a little differently--in the Szalayi review, @alexandros a compares the two briefly:

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/oriolus-szalayi.26026/reviews

Szalayi is $450-500 used and EST50 is $300-350 used, so I'll see if the $ difference is justified. Used stuff from Empire Ears might also be an option--the Bravado and Legend X can be had used for much less than they cost new.

Mar 2, 2024 at 11:01 AM Post #5 of 10
If you love multi-cultural jazz ensembles n tend to listen in more quiet settings, then you should add the open-back Audeze LCD-i3 to your list.

Mar 3, 2024 at 6:44 PM Post #7 of 10
The most fun listening to hiphop was the excellent bass with the ARTTI T10 and the price is right for traveling or working out. They don't look like much, but the bass driver has detail and real slam when the music calls for it.

Mar 4, 2024 at 2:49 AM Post #8 of 10
The most fun listening to hiphop was the excellent bass with the ARTTI T10 and the price is right for traveling or working out. They don't look like much, but the bass driver has detail and real slam when the music calls for it.
Thanks a lot, they have nice review. I'll try to find them for backup

Mar 4, 2024 at 2:44 PM Post #9 of 10
I'll look into those 2 also then Thanks.

I already received that Szalayi--my EST50 is long gone but here's a quick impression.

Both do bass really well. The Szalayi is overall smoother and much more coherent--what you're getting here is less fatiguing treble that still has detail, but no harshness. The EST50 could be a little overwhelming with the wrong source or music. That being said, the EST50 might be said to be more exciting... it's aggressive, sort of like a well amped HE6SE v2. Szalayi is more like a Denon D7200. In each case, both benefit heavily from a bass shelf and the right tips.

IF you have smaller ears, I'd get the EST50 of these two. The Szalayi is a chonky boy. Super comfortable but not for smaller ears.

Mar 4, 2024 at 5:33 PM Post #10 of 10
I already received that Szalayi--my EST50 is long gone but here's a quick impression.

Both do bass really well. The Szalayi is overall smoother and much more coherent--what you're getting here is less fatiguing treble that still has detail, but no harshness. The EST50 could be a little overwhelming with the wrong source or music. That being said, the EST50 might be said to be more exciting... it's aggressive, sort of like a well amped HE6SE v2. Szalayi is more like a Denon D7200. In each case, both benefit heavily from a bass shelf and the right tips.

IF you have smaller ears, I'd get the EST50 of these two. The Szalayi is a chonky boy. Super comfortable but not for smaller ears.
Thanks a lot for your feedback 🙂👍🏽

Users who are viewing this thread

Back