want to use my cans on an xbox, what are my options ?
Jul 10, 2009 at 10:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

SoFGR

100+ Head-Fier
I'm about to buy an xbox 360 soon so it would be really sweet to use my dt150s or any other pair of my collection to pick up the direction of footsteps and gunfire in halo3 and other fps games, what's the best way to do it ?

1) xbox 360 > x-fi titanium through spdif-in > headphones

2) xbox 360 > audio-gd compass > headphones

or
3) xbox 360 > dolby headphone receiver ( which one ? )

I don't feel like dumping my compass or anything since i paid a lot of money for it, is it possible to make it work together with a dolby headphone amp or something ? please help a noob out
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 10, 2009 at 10:18 PM Post #2 of 4
The compass should work great! I'm very jealous.

Why didn't you think that it would work?

Jul 10, 2009 at 10:33 PM Post #3 of 4
well compass accepts only regular stereo through spdif afaik, althogh it has no problems with my x-fi on hardware openAL games like ut3 with headphone cmss3d enabled, i just don't believe that a plain stereo signal will have accurate enough positioning in comparison to dolby headphone proscessing, am i wrong ?

Jul 10, 2009 at 10:38 PM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by SoFGR /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well compass accepts only regular stereo through spdif afaik, althogh it has no problems with my x-fi on hardware openAL games like ut3 with headphone cmss3d enabled, i just don't believe that a plain stereo signal will have accurate enough positioning in comparison to dolby headphone proscessing, am i wrong ?

Go with a Smyth Realiser!

I thought that you were just looking for compatibility, and for music playback. I don't know how dolby's processing will affect the imaging.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back