Want to upgrade from hd600
Jun 21, 2015 at 3:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

vanwil

New Head-Fier
hi all,

got a pair of hd 600 senns and a audio gd fun dac.
and I just was impressed by an iphone w/ headphones :|

so I guess I like the more depth I get from those in-ear iphone headphones

can I get that depth from an over-ear headphone?

Jun 21, 2015 at 4:54 PM Post #3 of 6
hi, thanks for that x2 suggestion, will keep it in mind.

I should add that most of the listening I do is live performances of indie rock bands, some electro sometimes, but generally I go for live performances. Not necessarily arenas/stadiums, more like studio and festival performances.

Jun 25, 2015 at 4:39 AM Post #4 of 6
Sundown, what would you say a set of X2s are worth? They usually go for around 300USD from what I've seen, but do they drop lower regularly on second-hand audio sites? Are they worth buying new instead of second-hand?

Jun 25, 2015 at 8:48 AM Post #5 of 6
  Sundown, what would you say a set of X2s are worth? They usually go for around 300USD from what I've seen, but do they drop lower regularly on second-hand audio sites? Are they worth buying new instead of second-hand?

Definitely new. Second hand may be returns for the ear pad dye bleeding onto desks, or an imbalance issue which these seem to have. $250 is a steal.

Jun 25, 2015 at 6:49 PM Post #6 of 6
  hi all,

got a pair of hd 600 senns and a audio gd fun dac.
and I just was impressed by an iphone w/ headphones :|

so I guess I like the more depth I get from those in-ear iphone headphones

can I get that depth from an over-ear headphone?

pfff... get an odac(your's senn would destroy the ipots in everything) or try to grab some ma900 if you don't like to hazzle with amp+dacs to get a nice sounding phone with enough depth to trick you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back