Want To upgrade from E2G's. Recomend be something
Jan 19, 2007 at 4:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

emperorarghoslen

Head-Fier
I bought the E2G like 3 weeks ago and I plan for my next upgrade in june to either go for the E500PTH or the E4G, The E500 costs double that of the E4G as you all know and I want to know if it is worth paying the extra 200$ for it considering I will be listening to mostly to my Ipod and I listen to only Power, Death, Heavy and Black Metal.
Also other than these are there any other earphone I should also look at before I make my descision. I can get the E500 for 350$ including shipping and the E4G for 180$ including shipping. Will the prices of these drop by june considering tht the new SE530 and the other Shurre Earphones are going to be released in a month or so.
Thanx

Jan 19, 2007 at 4:21 AM Post #2 of 5
In a short answer: UM1
lambda.gif

Jan 19, 2007 at 5:18 AM Post #3 of 5
Try to get a good deal on a used E4c, I got my pair for 105 shipped!!!

There are a ton of reviews and comparisons. Do a few searches and see which IEM will best suit you.

Jan 19, 2007 at 6:20 AM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by emperorarghoslen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I bought the E2G like 3 weeks ago and I plan for my next upgrade in june to either go for the E500PTH or the E4G, The E500 costs double that of the E4G as you all know and I want to know if it is worth paying the extra 200$ for it considering I will be listening to mostly to my Ipod and I listen to only Power, Death, Heavy and Black Metal.
Also other than these are there any other earphone I should also look at before I make my descision. I can get the E500 for 350$ including shipping and the E4G for 180$ including shipping. Will the prices of these drop by june considering tht the new SE530 and the other Shurre Earphones are going to be released in a month or so.
Thanx

If you're looking at the E500, you should also be looking at the Triple.Fi 10 Pro. Between the two it will come down to a difference in personal preferences. You may find you prefer one to the other.

Jan 19, 2007 at 7:04 AM Post #5 of 5
Another guy asked this question yesterday wanting to upgrade from an e2c to either e4c or e500. The consensus was he should upgrade to the e500. All posters who had the e4c and e500 said the e500 was much better than the e4c and worth the cost difference.

I myself upgraded from e2c to e500 and considered going with e4c. I'm glad I went with the e500s. I'm extremely happy with them. For your type of music preference, which would benefit from good mid and bass, I would recommend the e500s. The e4cs come nowhere close to the bass response of e500. The e500 is awesome with guitars, too.

And as I've heard, if you ever decide to get a portable amp, the e500s become even better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back