Want to upgrade from dt770
Jan 30, 2010 at 6:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

tru\head

New Head-Fier
Looking to upgrade to a more detailed full-size headphone. I'm using a zero-dac with optical output from my computer. I listen to hip-hop, some metal, and do a lot of gaming. Some headphones I used in the past- grado SR-60, i found extremely detailed and up-close but not very comfortable to use for a long period of time, i prefer the earcup design. So my current phones the Dt770s I find really comfortable but the sound is kind of... lazy or boring i would call it. They are almost the opposite of the grados. The bass quality is good, but often I feel the vocals aren't forward enough, and as a closed can, it occasionally has the irritating harsh resonances.

So i want some kind of compromise... I'm thinking about going to an open-can headphone, perhaps a Senn 600? I want something that has excellent sub-bass reproduction if possible but still strong in all categories. Any advice welcomed, thank you

Jan 30, 2010 at 6:30 AM Post #2 of 3
consider beyerdynamic DT880/600. I think the Zero can support 600 ohm impedance cans, not 100% sure tho.

if not, the DT880/250ohm are very solid and you can get them on amazon for $260.

It has phenomenal detail, the bass is adequate and blends richly with mid vocals. It should be a worthwhile upgrade, but some users still might think they can be bass-light/critical at times.

DT990 are also an option.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back