Want to try a Buckley album... which one first?
Nov 8, 2004 at 8:10 PM Post #2 of 15
Grace...no doubt about it. I'd be shocked if anyone had anything different to say. It's one of the best albums of the last 20 years.

Nov 8, 2004 at 9:03 PM Post #3 of 15
Grace, get the Legacy Edition, it's more expensive, but it has better sound than the original release.

After that come back and ask about his dad, who is different but equally mind-blowing.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 8, 2004 at 11:46 PM Post #5 of 15
eh, there isn't much choice really, he only finished one.

shame he didn't get to finish Sketches, cause the first disc is really good. I guess it does add to the specialness of Grace though...

Nov 9, 2004 at 12:02 AM Post #7 of 15
Well you all convinced me. I like "Last Goodbye" but never heard his other stuff. Hmm, I think I heard Hallelujah as well. Anyhow for 19.99 shipped from deepdiscountcds I took a plunge on the legacy edition. We'll see!

(Buying music now that the rig is pretty much ready for listening!)

Nov 9, 2004 at 12:25 AM Post #8 of 15
That's a nice price for the Legacy Edition. Markl is right...it's worth the extra $$ for sure.

Nov 9, 2004 at 2:54 AM Post #9 of 15
Had 'Grace' for years now and it's still one of my most listened-to CD's.

Just bought the Legacy Edition last week. What a truly great album!

The remastered 'Grace' is even clearer a recording than the original which was no slouch in that department either....

Nov 9, 2004 at 3:15 AM Post #10 of 15
I bought Grace not too long ago. I haven't heard the original but the quality of the Legacy Edition is good. I like the DVD a lot. So Real is kinda disturbing. The DVD has no region, hooray.

I do most of my listening via computer, so I replaced So Real with Forget Her, Jeff was going to put Forget Her in Grace but then he played So Real and found it fit better, but i'll see what I think of Forget Her.

Nov 16, 2004 at 12:15 AM Post #11 of 15
I just bought Grace today after listening to it at Borders. I can't believe I let this one escape me for the last ten years. This is an amazing album.

Nov 16, 2004 at 2:52 AM Post #12 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Canman
I just bought Grace today after listening to it at Borders. I can't believe I let this one escape me for the last ten years. This is an amazing album.

I felt the same way when I discovered it a year ago. How did this one get by me the first time around?? Oh well...better late than never, huh?
biggrin.gif

Nov 16, 2004 at 3:07 AM Post #13 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Canman

Yup...Amazing Grace
tongue.gif

I actually like the Live At Sin-e as well, it has a raw, natural feel to it. I would have loved to experience him live.....

Also just picked up the CD with Gary Lucas, haven't listened yet.

What a wonderful talent, and horrible loss!

Nov 16, 2004 at 3:34 AM Post #14 of 15
The CD with Gary Lucas is a keeper...interesting insight into the then-developing Buckley under the direction of the old Captain Beefheart guitarist.

I also picked up Lucas' Gods and Monsters CD...it's different, but also quite good IMHO.

Nov 17, 2004 at 5:37 AM Post #15 of 15
my Grace - legacy edition just came. i've seen "Last Goodbye" and "Hallelujah" on MTV, and I've heard U2 cover the latter a few times. But this album - wow, why did i never hear this whole album? It's beautiful!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back