Want to reterminate my Triple Fi cable...
Jan 11, 2013 at 3:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Mullet

1000+ Head-Fier
I recently noticed that my 1/8 jack is separated from the sleeve that connects the jack to the rest of the cable. The wires are still in tact. I plan on snipping the cable and replacing with a new jack. I can see there are three wires -- yellow, white, and clear. I'm assuming clear is gnd. I just need to find out + and - and which one is which. I guess I can create panned audio and play it out to figure out the polarity. If I can avoid it... great.

May 17, 2013 at 6:33 PM Post #2 of 3
Please help someone! I am also freaking tired to buy new cable every half year or so. I've 3 cables now, it costs me around 150usd shipped where I live, without customs fee's(20usd/each shipping) and taxes(25%). Please fellas, someone know which one is left/right - there is three wires inside yellow/white/clear. Is there any aftermarket 1/4-3.5mm plug?(any microphone version available?) Thanks

May 18, 2013 at 11:48 PM Post #3 of 3
I'll take a look for you. I have to find the cable first. In the end I went with a sturdier cable made by Headphone Lounge. As far as recabling goes, I ended up opening up the 3.5mm jack with a pocket knife to see what was soldered where and then resoldered to a rean 3.5mm jack I bought at Mouser. You can get a 3.5mm or 1/8" jack at a local electronics store or Farnell/Digi-Key/Mouser. I think the yellow is left and white might be right. Clear is def ground.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back