Want to purchase Denon 551's for $50-60 but need to ship to FPO/AP
Oct 4, 2008 at 7:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Regulatori

New Head-Fier
Not sure if this is the right place to ask but you guys might be able to help me with my issue. I've been reading this site for awhile and figured out that the Denon 551s would be a good headphone for what I need. I'm running into a problem though.

Whenever I find the Denon 551s on a website for around $50, they don't ship to an FPO/AP. I'm currently in the Marines and floating out in the Pacific Ocean...just about every product in the past (everything from clothing, workout supplements, digital cameras, etc..) that I've ordered online had no issues shipping to an FPO/AP...it's a pretty normal thing for online companies to do. But every time I find a cheap set on Antonline, buy.com, and countless others that sell them for $50-60, they won't ship.

What's pissing me off is that all of the websites that do ship to FPO/AP, are all the sites that sell them for full price ($100)...like B&H and others.

If it was $10 it would be no biggie...but $50 is a lot. So what are some good discount sites that ship to FPO/AP? Thanks

Oct 4, 2008 at 8:16 AM Post #2 of 3
Might sound like a stupid question but what is FPO/AP and what does it stand for..?

Could you not order them and have them sent to a friend/family member and get them to send them to you? I know it's a pain in the butt but I didn't even know you could ship things to.. Uh, ships..
tongue_smile.gif

EDIT: In my internet travels and googling this "FPO/AP" thing, I found this website, not sure if they can help?

Oct 4, 2008 at 10:23 AM Post #3 of 3
Couple things you can try. You can get an account with APObox.com. You set up an account with them, you shop with whoever, have them ship it to the address APObox gives you (somewhere in Iowa), and then they ship it to you. Will cost an extra 15$ or so. I just ordered a set of Sony workout phones from Amazon that way. Took a week to get to Kuwait (APO AE).

Another thing would be to email one of the sponsors on the forum. Maybe have to pay a little more than $50 (I haven't looked). Or could have someone take shipment then forward them to you (I would if I wasn't deployed myself!).

Or, buy from here:
GPSCheap.com - Denon AH-C551K In Ear Headphones

No idea about the service from that site though. Just found it via Google.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back