Want To Know Your Opinion About Getting 1000 $ IEM.
Apr 22, 2014 at 10:28 PM Post #16 of 31
  there is akg here I dont know if they have this model but if they have akgs here come with one year warranty. Are they better than shure or sennheisers for uses I said in my last post? And why the reviews arn't so bright as 846/ie800 s?

I just see the price they're really above my budget. 1500$!

You can get them used or like new for about $900 on amazon marketplace... I love them so much I have 2 pairs. And they have frequency filters for extra bass, treble, or neutral, which is kinda cool. 

Apr 23, 2014 at 1:11 AM Post #17 of 31

My taste of music I want IEM with a little dark sound. I listen to rock music (mostly black sabbath type) and violin and electric guitar (violin mostly) without vocalist and vocalists (like dido) which sing slowly and they sound great. the thing are less important are pop and rap. My source is iphone which i read reviews about sound output and they say its good source even without amp. 

Why didn't you say so earlier?!
biggrin.gif
 Get the Aurisonics ASG-1.x (not sure what version it's at now) for $350, or the fully custom-shell version for (I think) $550. I have the v1.2 and I put down a few notes on one of my posts here. Easy to drive, dark sound I can live with (I like smooth high but as extended as possible) since it reduces listening fatigue as I wear my IEMs for several hours, for example on a jet or a tour bus. Roll off doesn't effect the bite on guitars, especially on recordings with the typical riffs you'd expect from a Les Paul for example (probably even "enhances" your perception of it since some of the treble isn't audible).

Apr 23, 2014 at 3:12 AM Post #18 of 31
  You can get them used or like new for about $900 on amazon marketplace... I love them so much I have 2 pairs. And they have frequency filters for extra bass, treble, or neutral, which is kinda cool. 

There isn't amazon or anything here that I can get it cheaper. If I want to get 1000 $ MSRP I have to pay at least 1200 $ for it.

Why didn't you say so earlier?!
biggrin.gif
 Get the Aurisonics ASG-1.x (not sure what version it's at now) for $350, or the fully custom-shell version for (I think) $550. I have the v1.2 and I put down a few notes on one of my posts here. Easy to drive, dark sound I can live with (I like smooth high but as extended as possible) since it reduces listening fatigue as I wear my IEMs for several hours, for example on a jet or a tour bus. Roll off doesn't effect the bite on guitars, especially on recordings with the typical riffs you'd expect from a Les Paul for example (probably even "enhances" your perception of it since some of the treble isn't audible).

The brand you say haven't much disturbior anywhere close their site says we only sell it in North America Australia and a country in east of asia. So in places that I never seen.

Apr 23, 2014 at 3:25 AM Post #19 of 31
Iwrap up problems from firstpost to here:

Shure se535: really high impedance (35 ohms) so the phone source can't be good and warranty issues

Shure se846: really high price to get with warranty issues

AKG k3003: really pricey

Aurisonics: Isn't anywhere near

Sennheiser ie800: isolating problems, 1 year warranty is not best

CIEM: Can be really risky

There isn't any good choices. What do you choose?

Apr 23, 2014 at 4:37 AM Post #20 of 31

The brand you say haven't much disturbior anywhere close their site says we only sell it in North America Australia and a country in east of asia. So in places that I never seen.

The person I got them from and I don't live in any of those places (Japan's the other one), and we have some of the most corrupt customs agents in the world. And that's because the law basically says that they can be in the service of the state, "corrupt" relegated to them pocketing anything, since the law didn't specify quantities or items, just a blanket clause that they have the power to call bulls**t on any declared value of items that they inspect and come up with a price of their own that isn't required to take into consideration discounts/sales, or items not being brand new. We've had people who have to get into a shouting match and other officials involved to get items that were replaced by the manufacturer, because apparently you are lying if the items shipped to you has a different serial number than the one you shipped out.

Apr 23, 2014 at 3:01 PM Post #21 of 31
I find someone says he can buy it from amazon USA and deliver it to me. I thinking about getting SE535 and aurisonics instead of getting se846 or ie800 but there is still warranty issues. Please help me to decide.

Apr 23, 2014 at 11:03 PM Post #22 of 31
  I find someone says he can buy it from amazon USA and deliver it to me. I thinking about getting SE535 and aurisonics instead of getting se846 or ie800 but there is still warranty issues. Please help me to decide.

Both have their pros and cons, which I will list down (see below) but ultimately I can't strongly recommend one over the other, only what I would get if I was in the same situation. In any case, whichever one you get, have that person order a spare cable from the manufacturer already because these are the ones that are most likely the break - the only way you'd break the shells is if 1) you'd step on them or any similar event, or 2) you pull the cable off somehow and it damages the pins. If there is any manufacturing defect on the drivers, have this person try them out before going home - any serious defect would be obvious to anyone who isn't absolutely tone deaf, like uneven volume or response between left and right. Have them run stereo integrity tests (search for "stereo test" on YouTube) to verify wiring on the cables. Also, a spare set of tips, even the multi-size fit kit (get the Olives for the 535; also check the ASG-1 thread on which non-stock tips fit properly and doesn't roll off the treble), so that's one less issue for downtimes. Once you pick a size (and type) you like after receiving them, try to get a hold of a set as soon as you can.

Now, as for which one, the Shure 535 is known to have efficiency that can cause hissing on certain sources. Check in the 535 thread if anyone has tried them with the same source, but we're talking about smartphones, make sure it's the right version; for example, I have a Galaxy S3 and with Neutron Media Player it hissed like heck, also the response seems to be off based on reviews of the international version. Otherwise the Shure has a treble that is well extended into the upper regions that rolls off smoothly, plus the percussion is more audible (although deeper-sounding than snappy) compared to the 425. I went for the ASG-1 for, among other things, the fit - the CIEM-type shell anchors on the outer ear so it's more comfortable for me to wear for extended periods. Efficiency is also good, a touch better than the 535 actually, as I can listen at only the second click of the volume up button from zero on my S3 and iPad2, and the bass is clearly there  already. If anything the treble rolls off too early, especially if you try a sine sweep with it, but overall it isn't that big a problem for me on actual recordings considering it's for my portable system and I am more forgiivng of it than my reference system. If you're looking for a "dark" sound, then this might actually be a plus.

Apr 24, 2014 at 6:24 AM Post #23 of 31
Is there a diffrence between cables of the shures. In some forums they say they are another companies which make cables that the sound is diffrent. How about earpods are they gonna need change in time I haven't any problems with mines but in pictures the shure's one seem different. And I'm really carefull with my IEM so I dont think they gonna break over time. And about aurisonics go with asg2 or asg1 there is 160$ diffrence are they worth it? And about shures i'm going with se535 because i want them for more than a year and se425 wont be my choice. I hope it's a right choice. and thanks from ProtegeManiac who help me in this choice.

Apr 24, 2014 at 11:37 AM Post #25 of 31
Quote:
  Is there a diffrence between cables of the shures. In some forums they say they are another companies which make cables that the sound is diffrent. 

On analog connections like the wire for earphones/headphones the material of the cable can affect the sound, the question is whether it's cost-effective - some people buy cables that cost as much as their headphones. Personally, find cheaper options for aftermarket cables if and only if there's something you don't like about the stock cable. Take my HD600 for example. I only upgraded to a cable with purer copper because 1) my stock cable broke, 2) the stock cable was toooo long for how close my seat is to my amp, 3) the local Sennheiser distributor doesn't have it so I'd have to order from friggin' Amazon and shipping cost and time are problematic (plus crooks in our Customs office), 4) I got to listen to the cable first and it made the bass tighter, and most importantly 5) it only cost around $40 from a fellow audiophile in my area, including braiding and I already had a spare 6.5mm plug (even if I had to buy one it's like $4). So basically, if I couldn't get that cable anywhere near that price, I would have looked for a way to get the Sennheiser cable.

Quote:
  How about earpods are they gonna need change in time I haven't any problems with mines but in pictures the shure's one seem different.

What exactly do you mean here? Whether Shure will use a different cable design later? That depends, but the thing that's important is the plug on the headphone side of the cable. Note that Westone also recently switched to the Shure-type plug, so at some point you can get a cable from Westone instead. There are also aftermarket cables for IEMs that won't break the bank - some custom cabels on eBay and also Fiio has some, but again check if the plugs are compatible. You can get a decent cable with a theoretically better conductor material for not much more than the stock cable, but aside from the plug, check for reviews regarding microphonics. That isn't a problem with headphone cables, as I would have purchased those HD600 cables even if I didn't hear them due to the hassles in getting the stock cable here, but with IEMs, microphonics can render cables useless. Worn properly, ie tightly on your head so it won't bounce off your back too much, the stock cables won't make any microphonic noise as they move since they were tested for that. 

For my ASG-1 I'm planning to order the stock cables too. It's getting worn out and I'm buying in advance so I'll have it here instead of having a long downtime shipping it from overseas. IF however I come across aftermarket cables that don't have microphonics that are going for cheap and in good condition (ie some people buy too many to try then sell the rest cheap, and that's where I get some usually expensive accessories from).

Quote:
  And I'm really careful with my IEM so I dont think they gonna break over time.

Won't hurt to have spare parts on hand. You won't want the downtime and overseas shipping hassles if applicable, especially with someone bringing in your headphones from North America to begin with, so you might as well get the spare parts. I had to wait a month to get my HD600 earpads thanks, again, to a useless local distributor (who put the phone down on me when I called looking for who handles spare parts), which I ordered from Sennheiser USA, but since they don't ship them overseas due to turf wars with other distributors, had to be shipped to my brother's house then was put in somebody's luggage. Why? The customs agents - at the time someone here was charged $35 in duties for a baggie of spare parts worth less than $20, all because the law says customs agents can call "bullsh*t!" on declared prices and slap you with a minimum price, and since it wasn't a single item, was considered "commercial quantity." I didn't want to take any chances.

Now even if your customs agents aren't working for Satan, you might still have that downtime to worry about, so really just get the spares now. You never know when you'd break them - I broke my SE205 three days before the warranty expired, the cable getting caught in the zipper on the carrying case. At least at the time the distributor replaced it quickly.

Quote:
  And about aurisonics go with asg2 or asg1 there is 160$ diffrence are they worth it?

I haven't tried the ASG-2, but if for example I tried out the ASG-1 and they weren't for sale (much less at the price I got them for), and more importantly I had the same budget as you, I would certainly go for the ASG-2. Might not be as dark as the ASG-1 since it gets its own treble driver, but feedback says it isn't a drastically different earphone for it - just fills in what the ASG-1 doesn't have enough of.

Quote:
  And about shures i'm going with se535 because i want them for more than a year and se425 wont be my choice. I hope it's a right choice. 

For your requirements definitely don't go for the SE425. I love them for electric guitars, but if I needed anything to listen to a lot of music instead of listening to my own instrument, I'd still get the ASG-1, or maybe the Westone 2 or Westone 3.

Quote:

and I really have a problem with 535 ltd they're red. the price is only 20$ diffrence but the color is so lame. is diffrence really noticablewith normal one?

I'm not a fan of the color too, and I haven't heard it either. I think the difference is minor, and based on your preference for darker sound, you might prefer the regular 535 anyway (based on what little I've read on      them).

Apr 25, 2014 at 7:33 AM Post #28 of 31
  So I'll order shure se535ltd with aurisonics asg2 sthealth finish with two 70$ spare cables for each one.

what about them I didnt see any review or anything about them.

Because it is under pre-order, but should be out Monday next week :).  Also the SE535LTD is not a bad choice either, as I long wanted a pair but never get around to do so.

Apr 27, 2014 at 2:13 PM Post #29 of 31
I can say for sure that the SE846's will delight.
I have graduated through a good portion of the Shure series and without question,
The older models suffered from cable issues, that have been resolved for a while
now with the detachable cables. The SE846 has finally nailed it.
If you use these on a phone, spend the extra $50 for the Phone/Mic cable.

Jul 6, 2014 at 2:28 AM Post #30 of 31
1964ears.com, who makes excellent custom IEMs will also make most of their models as Universals. This saves the cost of ear impressions and removes the risk of a poor fitting custom IEM. They have a two year warranty on their V6-Stage and V8 models. If you had a problem you would have to ship them back to the USA. I hope that wouldn't be a problem.

By the way, here on head-fi |Joker| rates the V6-Stage above the 3003 (for just a bit more than half the price).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back