Want to know Difference between Logitech Z2300 and Z5500 need help making a decision please!
Dec 21, 2008 at 2:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

effectic

Banned
I know one is 2.1 and the other is 5.1

However I am more inclined to know about the Bass does the Z5500 have noticably lower and deeper and more textured bass?

And about the mids I assume mids is vocals right?

How does the vocals differ?

I am thinking about buying a Ultrasone HFI 780 and a Z2300 speaker. As i do not always like to listen to music on headphones you know.

Either that or I am going to buy a Z5500 and a $5 coby headphones. But where I live I will be using the headphones more often cause i can't disturb anyone I may only be able to play my speakers about 4 hours a day max.

Please I need some input here on these 2 speakers.

How does the bass in the Z5500 differ from the Z2300?

Dec 21, 2008 at 2:55 AM Post #3 of 6
I can't compare them as I don't have both, only 5500s. I fine they have too much bass, and they're too "boomy" for a lot of my techno - I keep the subwoofer level at about 40%. Even still, the bass does not sound right, and the subwoofer's crossover is too high for my tastes (too many lower mids going to the sub).

However, for gaming, the 5.1 is quite sweet
smily_headphones1.gif
If you are going to be doing a lot of gaming, the 5.1 is worth it. If it's mostly for music, I'd get a couple of bookshelf speakers, sub and receiver (i.e. not just little Logitech satellites) or better yet a good headphone amp
biggrin.gif

Dec 21, 2008 at 3:18 AM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by oogabooga /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can't compare them as I don't have both, only 5500s. I fine they have too much bass, and they're too "boomy" for a lot of my techno - I keep the subwoofer level at about 40%. Even still, the bass does not sound right, and the subwoofer's crossover is too high for my tastes (too many lower mids going to the sub).

However, for gaming, the 5.1 is quite sweet
smily_headphones1.gif
If you are going to be doing a lot of gaming, the 5.1 is worth it. If it's mostly for music, I'd get a couple of bookshelf speakers, sub and receiver (i.e. not just little Logitech satellites) or better yet a good headphone amp
biggrin.gif

LoL i am actually still having problems choosing between the HFI 780 and the D2000. LOL
obviously the D2000 is to expensive.

I mainly listen to music hardly ever game and stuff. From what I know I used to own the Z2300 and honestly for deep low bass it just could not do it.

It had near 0 extensions for certain songs. The sub could play some songs and some it cannot.
I also hear the Z5500 has a built in headphone AMP?

The Z2300 is almost the same sub just its 8 Inch with 120 RMS watts vs the Z5500 with 188 RMS and 10 Inch.

I highly doubt I would need the full bass from the Z5500 as home here I could barely put the Z2300 on halfway without my mother banging on the door. lol

Would you guys say a Z2300 + Ultrasone HFI 780 would be a better combination than say Z5500 + $5 Coby headphone cheapo.?

I actually read good stuff about the Z5500 on audioholics. To bad the Z2300 do not have a built in headphone AMP like the Z5500.

Dec 21, 2008 at 4:22 AM Post #5 of 6
They both play bass VERY WELL - ONE NOTED ONES.

Note: All headphone jacks have a built in amplifier (think mp3 player, receiver, tape recorder....etc). It's the quality of the amp that's lacking.

Dec 21, 2008 at 6:15 AM Post #6 of 6
No you know in the Z5500 if you turn up the volume knob with the headphone plugged in the volume on the headphone rises.

This is not the case with the Z2300 when you adjust the volume knob it remains the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back