Want to get some new headphones/earphones, help please?? Would appreciate it a lot!
Mar 31, 2016 at 1:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Fessy

100+ Head-Fier
Hi, there. So to start. am not THAT much of an expert when it comes to headphones BUT I know what am looking for in Frequency Response, Nominal Impedance, Sensitivity, Max. Input Capability (this 1, I don't know much about but judging by the title, am sure its pretty self explanatory lol) and lastly, the jack needs to be 3.5mm. So what I want is a decent price EARPHONES at 1st, if possible, then headphones, with the following specifications written below BUT I  DON'T want noise cancellation, I want a LOT and I mean a LOT of sound on the outside as well as the inside like the Sennheiser MX 365s. I am using the Cowon Plenue D so you know what am operating the ear/headphones with and I ALWAYS have it on full blast Vol. 100 lol and with my own custom EQs, as the "Sennheiser MX 365" say, "Colour it loud!" LOL. So the specifications I want is the same as the JVC Xtreme Xplosives HA-FX1X:

Driver Unit 0.39" (10mm)
Magnet type Neodymium
Frequency Response 5-23,000Hz
Nominal Impedance 16ohms
Sensitivity 104dB/1mW
Max. Input Capability 200mW (IEC)

Oh and the price, I don't want anything crazy like £100 LOL. Am looking for something like £15-20 or just a little bit more? Because am ALWAYS blowing up my earphones, I've never had IN EAR, so none of them please UNLESS they are LOUD on the outside like the Sennheiser's I mentioned and I've NEVER had headphones but am willing to try now lol. I like MOSTLY old school stuff and the in ear one's just annoy me lol but like I said, as an exception, LOUD on the outside too and i mean LOUD lol. When I say old school, I've had the following with different colours. I've had the:

Sony MDR-E818LP
Sony MDR-NE1 (Round the neck ones)
Sennheiser MX 365

There were some others but I can't remember them now lol. But I don't want to keep wasting money as 1) They are staring to discontinue loud earphones like these and 2) Starting to cost a lot since they are "rare" now, which sucks!

So PLEASE ANY help would be appreciated, I need that LOUD BASS, VOLUME on the INSIDE AND OUTSIDE JUST like the JVC HA-FX1X but on the outside loud too.

Thanks in advance and sorry for the essay lol.

Kind Regards

Fes

Mar 31, 2016 at 4:34 PM Post #3 of 12
Oh, FINALLY lol thank you! Erm, don't mean to sound like a noob lol but I don't get you. Best I can explain is, when I have my Sennheiser mx 365s in my ear the sound going OUT to everybody else is LOUD AS HEEEELLLL lol, as well as it being loud as hell inside my ear, so I want THAT type of ear or headphones, if that makes sense?

Mar 31, 2016 at 7:19 PM Post #4 of 12
A couple of options:

Earbuds:

VE (Venture Electronics) Monk

HiSoundAudio Paa1 Pro (lots of bass)

Edifier H180 (also good bass)

Over-Ear Headphones

Takstar HI-2050

Superlux HD681 Evo (bassier)

Philips SHP9500 (a bit more expensive and less bassy)

(all of the above are open headphones, meaning sound will leak both out of and into the headphone)

All of the above are potentially decent options for you. You should read about them and see what you think. Maybe one will work for you.

Apr 3, 2016 at 1:37 PM Post #6 of 12
Hey there! So I've decided to get the Superlux HD681 Evo, they seem like what I want, I just hope tha bass is wut I want. Is it more erm, "rounded" than like rattly like the Sennheiser mx 365s? Because I want dat rounded bass too like the JVC Xtreme Xplosives.

Apr 3, 2016 at 2:05 PM Post #7 of 12
  Hey there! So I've decided to get the Superlux HD681 Evo, they seem like what I want, I just hope tha bass is wut I want. Is it more erm, "rounded" than like rattly like the Sennheiser mx 365s? Because I want dat rounded bass too like the JVC Xtreme Xplosives.

I'm not sure I would say it is rounded (not totally sure what that is:)). It is definitely emphasized and quite warm, I would say. It is impactful, I guess, is a good way of putting it. It's not going to knock you on your butt, but it is definitely emphasized and supports the music with a strong foundation. For the money, you can't beat it for what it is. Congrats!

Apr 3, 2016 at 9:23 PM Post #8 of 12
I didn't know how elese to describe wut i wanted to say lol. Erm, maybe this might help wut I mean, like the bass is crystal clear and when tha bass hits it abruptly stops as opposed to the sennheiser MX365s where the bass 'rattles' when it hits like it's vibrating against a mirror or wooden chair, if that helps? :-/ lol. Hmm cn I think impactful is the right word but I once I receive them I will let you know. Haha, awesome! Yup. Thank you! Should be in my hands around the 7th April so can't wait! My 1St set of headphones! I will keep you updated and let you know how they sound to me and if it is 'impactful/rounded' lol. Thanks once agin!

Apr 3, 2016 at 10:04 PM Post #9 of 12
I didn't know how elese to describe wut i wanted to say lol. Erm, maybe this might help wut I mean, like the bass is crystal clear and when tha bass hits it abruptly stops as opposed to the sennheiser MX365s where the bass 'rattles' when it hits like it's vibrating against a mirror or wooden chair, if that helps? :-/ lol. Hmm cn I think impactful is the right word but I once I receive them I will let you know. Haha, awesome! Yup. Thank you! Should be in my hands around the 7th April so can't wait! My 1St set of headphones! I will keep you updated and let you know how they sound to me and if it is 'impactful/rounded' lol. Thanks once agin!

Good for you. And just so you know, there won't be any 'rattling' from your HD681 Evo. That is a thing of the past for you. :)

Apr 3, 2016 at 11:05 PM Post #10 of 12
:-D. Haha that's good to know :-D. Just 1 thing, wut do people mean when they say the bass is 'muddy'? Also, sorry for the typos, am replying from my phone and very tired lol.

Apr 13, 2016 at 7:15 PM Post #11 of 12
So, I didn't like Superlux lol. Had them for a week but they weren't loud enough on the inside as I thought they would be and not 'bassy' enough. So I am getting a refund. I liked my brothers Jvc HA-FX1X in ear xtreme xplosives but I don't like in ear ones and so I found the exact same spec on headphones with the JVC HA-M55X. They should be here tomorrow, hopefully lol. I hope these are like the in ear JVCs and I know that they are semi-open so hope they don't disappoint, fingers crossed lol.

Apr 16, 2016 at 11:00 AM Post #12 of 12
So, I got my JVC HA-M55x yesterday, these is what I want :-D. But I want a pair of headphones that are loudER on the outside like the Sennhesier MX365s. These ain't that loud outside. When I used to have my MX365s on, my mates used to say they can hear me from a mile away lol. So any help in that regard?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back