Want to buy new IEM's $300-400
Dec 17, 2012 at 2:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

scorpian007

100+ Head-Fier
Hi guys,

It's been ages since I last posted and I have been out of the loop with headphones for the past 5 years or so. I'm looking to get new IEM's and want to spend $300-400AUD. I mostly listen to electronic music and will be running my music through my phone (Nokia Lumia 920). I'd like something with crisp treble and decent bass. I've owned Shure E2C's and the E4G's in the past running off a Creative Zen Vision M from back in the day. I really loved the sound of the E4G's but they broke so I'm back to the E2's which don't sound that great anymore :)

Any suggestions would be great, I'd prefer to buy online as earphones are usually a huge rip off locally (although I can get very good prices on Sennheiser and the Monster Beats range if anyone recommends them).

Thanks!

Dec 17, 2012 at 2:46 AM Post #2 of 7
I hear lots of good things about the IE8 and IE80. I personally have a W3, which is good for every genre. But if you are looking for a basshead IEM for electronic music, the W3 won't be it.

Dec 17, 2012 at 2:54 AM Post #3 of 7
The SM3 is the best IEM I've have had for edm and makes things like progressive sound amazing.  If you listen to a lot of edm that has melodies the SM3 sounds great.  I've use bright V-shaped IEM's but I think a lot of the more mid-centric IEM's sound the best because the mids are where most of the music is.  Just my suggestion but I know there will be a lot of people suggesting the TF10, UE900, T-Peos H-100 and other more V-shaped IEM's and I've heard and used alot of themand the SM3 blows them all away.

Dec 17, 2012 at 4:29 AM Post #6 of 7
Quote:
If you use foam tips. I just a UM56 and I wouldn't say its basshead level.

Not just foam tips. I don't think custom tips are fair to use to describe the sound with universal tips. The W3's have a noticeable mid bass hump with almost all stock tips (at least that I've tried). It seems that custom tips do neutralize the mid bass hump on the W3 - but it will be there with universal/stock tips.

Dec 17, 2012 at 5:46 AM Post #7 of 7
Awesome, thanks for the replies. I'll look up some reviews on what has been suggested. How are the Shure SE535's? They're supposed to be excellent from what I've read and I can get them for $399 shipped.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back