want to build a subwoofer
Nov 23, 2010 at 11:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

manugeorge

New Head-Fier
I am planning to build a subwoofer for my car and also for my small room. I love(crazy with low end rumble) bass extension below 40hz to 10hz with flat response with accuracy(hate boomy bass). please suggest me the type of enclosure design,subwoofer size and amplifier for my needs.

Nov 24, 2010 at 1:35 AM Post #2 of 6
I don't know about your car, but you can find some nice kits over at Parts Express. You also might want to nose around the Madisound Forums - you'll find plenty of information there.

Nov 24, 2010 at 6:51 AM Post #4 of 6
There's loads of sub drivers avaible, in all sizes 5inch to 18inch, choose the woofer size carefully for the size of the space, if you have a large woofer in a tiny room most of the bass will actually be lost, 6-8" for a small bedroom works best , 10-12" for a large lounge, since you want flat freq response with accuracy  , you will want a sealed encloser not ported, ported is for volume and a hump in the bass freq responce, sealed is for a flat lower freq responce.

Nov 24, 2010 at 10:11 AM Post #5 of 6
many people are saying sealed subwoofer will rolloff from 40hz and it is not very good in extension below 30hz, is that true. I just want to get a flat response from 10hz to 120hz.I cant compromise for the bass coming under 40hz.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back