Want bass?
Mar 31, 2004 at 4:06 PM Post #17 of 26
Just think! All those speakers and all you need for comfortable listening is 1 watt RMS. Man, what sensitivity! You could power this thing off of a few CMOYs!
very_evil_smiley.gif
wink.gif

Apr 1, 2004 at 2:43 AM Post #18 of 26
I would call that "bottom in the bottom". Do people on the other side of the world get the passive effects?

I feel sorry for all the worms in a 5 mile radius.

The true definition of a "bass-ment".

Apr 1, 2004 at 3:42 AM Post #19 of 26
That is a little overboard for me though it would be nice to have that earthquake producer. A more cost effective alternative would be the SVS pb2-plus. I've measured 124 spl peaks in a 18x24 room. That was without taking it to the limits. I thought the floors and windows would give in before the sub.

Apr 1, 2004 at 6:57 AM Post #21 of 26
Quote:

Originally posted by usc goose
he actually mentions the names of what he wanted. some kind of NAD component with some burr-brown DACs if I recall correctly.

anyone know specifically?

According to a subtitle site: NAD T770. I caught that too when I saw it, and the 2nd time. I coulda sworn he mentioned a part number for the DACs, but apparently I was wrong.

BTW, the mentioned product does exist. Just Googled it. Also, it's not that powerful. 5x70W. And only 0.08% THD. A bit high for $35 mil, I'd think...

Good movie, though. Now I wanna see the original.

(-:Stephonovich:)

Apr 6, 2004 at 4:59 PM Post #22 of 26
Hope his basement doens't get flooded.
eek.gif
Now that would SUCK!

Apr 8, 2004 at 10:25 AM Post #24 of 26
Quote:

Originally posted by lan
Hope his basement doens't get flooded.
eek.gif
Now that would SUCK!

Man, you're not kidding
eek.gif

Apr 8, 2004 at 3:10 PM Post #26 of 26
Looks like animal skin rugs for accent..

Well, either for accent or to show an example of what happens to stray animals that walk into the room when the subwoofer is pounding. Kinda like when they would hang/spike people on the city walls to make a statement...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back