want an iem with good bass
Nov 8, 2011 at 5:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

mps83

New Head-Fier
My last earphones were the Silver Monster Turbines, whilst they delivered amazing bass, I was let down by the build quality, as they broke within 3 months of purchase. I want something with similar performance but for under £100 preferably. I saw the Panasonic hje900s were similar but they aren't available anymore. I've also considered the phonak perfect bass Iems but I'm not really a fan of the round the ear style. I listen to mainly hiphop, drum n bass and dubstep.

Any advice would be great, many thanks.

Nov 8, 2011 at 1:47 PM Post #2 of 5
You should contact Monster and ask them for a replacement. Sometimes you can find the Pannys on the for sale forum still.
Check out the IEMs listed in the basshead club. The Atrios extends really low and are great for dubstep. 

Nov 11, 2011 at 4:57 AM Post #3 of 5
Well I bought the Phonak Perfect Bass headphones. Have to say I'm a little disappointed, while the sound is very clear, the bass is not as prominent as I'd like, this might be mainly due to the volume level of my ZuneHD mp3 player. All other headphones have reached very high volume levels with my player but the PFEs haven't for some reason. Anyway I've invested in a FiiO E5 headphone amplifier to see whether I can get that little extra juice out the headphones.

Nov 11, 2011 at 4:58 AM Post #4 of 5

Quote:
Well I bought the Phonak Perfect Bass headphones. Have to say I'm a little disappointed, while the sound is very clear, the bass is not as prominent as I'd like, this might be mainly due to the volume level of my ZuneHD mp3 player. All other headphones have reached very high volume levels with my player but the PFEs haven't for some reason. Anyway I've invested in a FiiO E5 headphone amplifier to see whether I can get that little extra juice out the headphones.

Checkout the Basshead Club.

Nov 11, 2011 at 10:42 AM Post #5 of 5
The JVC FXT90, MTP Gold, TF10Pro are highely recommended and they can easily exceed the PFE in term of soundquality, volume and bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back