Want an 80Gb player with a good quality of sound.
Dec 9, 2008 at 11:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

baneat

Head-Fier
Hi, I was looking for a 5.5G iPod with 80Gb of memory, so I could put rockbox on it, but I can't seem to find any of them. If anyone knows a place that sells them or refurbed ones can you tell me please? Also, if there is an MP3 player that already plays ogg flac etc out of the box and has a good DAC with 80Gb could you tell me what's good? I want it to be as cheap as possible as an alternative to my iPod touch (which doesn't play FLAC) because it only has 16Gb of memory which is insufficient.
I am upgrading my computer massively and I can actually afford to have them in FLAC now (60Gb HD to a 500Gb HD) so that's why I didn't before. I use MS1s and I have ordered a Fiio E5 if that changes anything. Thank you
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 10, 2008 at 5:59 AM Post #7 of 8
I second the Cowons, even though they are going to be more expensive. They are known for their SQ.

For an 80GB Rockbox player, fleaBay as mentioned for the iPod 5.5G (if you look, you will eventually find some refurbs). Also, you might want to look at the Toshiba Gigabeat S Series - the Rockbox port is under development but is getting close to completion. The Gigabeat was the predecessor to the Zune.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back