Want a simple MP3 player that scrobbles
Apr 8, 2012 at 5:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

dopeboyfresh

100+ Head-Fier
I joined this forum when I was still in high school, and now I'm in college! I need a suggestion for on an MP3 player that I can use to listen to music between classes and when I'm walking to classes.

A few requirements...

Good sound quality - wouldn't expect any less from you guys.

Can take a drop or two. I'm guessing this means a player with a flash drive. I'm just going to throw this in my backpack and have it be pushed around with my books and stuff.

Decent amount of storage. Should be able to hold a couple albums and playlists. I'm thinking 8GB-ish?

Last.fm SCROBBLING!!!!

Apr 8, 2012 at 6:10 PM Post #2 of 2
Just made this rec in another thread:
Quote:
You may want to check out Samsung's Galaxy Player line. The 4.0 & 5.0 have Wolfson WM8994 DAC. There is a new 3.6" version but I don't know what DAC it has.

The caveat is that android interfaces with the DAC poorly and to get Voodoo Sound working you have to load a custom kernel (which will void your warranty). Loading the kernel is fairly simple. here is the link to the kernel (Link). A couple of things that tripped me up loading it is that the Downloading screen is Yellow (not green) for the US version and you only have to hold power + volume down to get to that screen. I also had to install Kies for the driver to install.

Using PowerAmp this is the best sounding player I have ever owned (Various Sony & Sharp MiniDisc, Sony HD1 & HD5, iPod 5.5G & 6G Rockbox, Sansa Clip+ Rockbox).

I am currently using the MDT with no amp and couldn't be happier with the sound (PowerAmp is missing a few features I would like, Ratings Sync and Smart Playlists).

Another plus is that it has a Micro SD card slot and works with the 64GB sdxc cards (formatted to FAT32).

Just my $0.02, hope you find what you are looking for 
smily_headphones1.gif

I am using PowerAmp and it scrobbles to Last.fm. I'm sure there are tons of other apps that will too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back