Want a new MP3 player... lots of room.
Jan 21, 2004 at 1:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 28

KandieMan

Head-Fier
I have a iFP-390T but am likely going to sell it and buy a new one with more space. I want a small, lightweight one that holds 1.5gb+. USB 2 would also be great.

It seems they are either 1.5gb/4gb or 10gb+...

Can anyone recommend some players that are available right now or will be available soon that hold 1.5gb+?

Thanks!

Jan 21, 2004 at 2:11 AM Post #2 of 28
Creative, Rio and Apple all have 4 gig players out or on the way.

I own the creative muvo^2 and its a very nice little player that shows up as a harddrive, its main drawbacks are the small sizes of the screen and controls, but it sounds good and the battery lasts for ages.

If its the same as it is with the 1.5gig players then the 4gig nitrus will have similar battery life to the muvo and will be lighter, but won't show up as a mass storage device.

Jan 21, 2004 at 2:52 AM Post #4 of 28
I'd recommend a HD Player. Rio Karma, Zen, and iPod all have players with price tags in the $300 range. It's a much better deal than a 4 GB Player for $250. The Karma and Zen could probably be had for $250.

Jan 21, 2004 at 3:12 AM Post #6 of 28
The other thing is, I am a student at high school... active, and to carry around something that is bigger and heavier just isn't pratical.

I understand you pay more to make them smaller... and well, it is kind of what I need. I my friend has the iGP-100 1.5gb one from iRiver and it is nice, much smaller then I thought. I was just seeking other input, possibly other quality players that hold more than 1.5gb. (I have a feeling I would then find myself saying "1.5gb just isn't enough...")

Jan 21, 2004 at 3:16 AM Post #7 of 28
Im 17 and i take my karma to school every day. It is quite small. About the size of a minidisk player. it just sits in my pocket for when i want it. Its much more portable than my v6's which i take with me. Really its small. Not like a cd player or anything. Much smaller than say a zen. If you really need smaller go with the new nitrus 4 gig.
600smile.gif

Jan 21, 2004 at 3:29 AM Post #8 of 28
Hmm, so the Rio's are small, even the 20gb one?

Unfortunately I am in Canada, and most of these models aren't here, so it is very hard for my to judge size (one of the reasons I thought the iGP-100 was just a bit smaller then a CD player...!)

How is the Rio, quality-wise? One thing I love about my current player is that the firmware is upgradeable... and new releases are always coming out!

Jan 21, 2004 at 3:46 AM Post #9 of 28
I have to say, iPod + earbuds I dont find that "pocket portable." Simply because the addition of a wallet and cell-phone really start waying down your pants.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 21, 2004 at 4:30 AM Post #11 of 28
Quote:

Originally posted by KandieMan
I'm not interested in an iPod, while skinny, it is still large and not exactly light.

If you consider the iPod to be large, you definitely don't want to mess with any of the 10gb+ players. The iPod is as small as any of them. Get one of the 1.5gb or 4gb players.

Jan 21, 2004 at 10:11 PM Post #15 of 28
I saw the Rio Karma and the iPod the other day at CrapUSA (excuse me, CompUSA
tongue.gif
). Firstly, I was amazed at the new iPod's size. It's incredibly small and lightweight now, with a cooler look and a scroller with a much better feel. The Rio Karma was more impressive in many ways. Firstly, the thing is amazingly small. It looks exactly like my MZ-S1, except about 2/3 the size, lighter, and a display in the front. It also has a really nice docking cradle they had on display with which you can transfer and charge. It was a really nice player in every aspect except A) I couldn't figure the darn menu out and B) no backlit display.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back