WANT a DAC around $500
Jan 21, 2011 at 9:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 32

singh

500+ Head-Fier

So i received my UM miracle Today, i used them with My Sflo/HM602 , Imaging, soundstage is awesome,  !  But am not satisfied  FRis also great, but i feel i am missing some thing

Now here i am in need of a Desktop amp that will compliment  my Miracle and/he6(coming ) /K702/universal IEMs that i have . I have shortlisted the following products
1. Yulong d100,
2.HRT Music Streamer Pro,
3.HRT music streamer II+
4.sell HM602 and buy Hm801
5.nuForce Icon HDP
6.Wait, and save some more to get _______ (fill it )

Please suggest other that are around this range .  I dont mind spending a little more If they offer Good VFM . 
Requirements :
Natural, transparant sound. 
Imaging and soundstage Must be good. 

Jan 22, 2011 at 3:55 AM Post #3 of 32
I dont mind if its DAC only or not, a good DAC is what i want, in future i will be getting a very good amp (only) . currently own a OKish amp
More over from what i have read the amp SECTION of yulong is Not that great.

Show does the HRT stand against yulong.
and i need some more names.

And thanks for replying, i was thinking this thread will eventually be pushed on to the next page .

Jan 22, 2011 at 7:37 AM Post #4 of 32
Hrt is excellent dac's i have HRT Music Streamer II + and the sound that comes out of this thing is the best ive heard exspecially at this price range. This is where i purchased mine from:
 http://www.amazon.com/HRT-Music-Streamer-II-Resolution/dp/B0038O38S6/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1295699534&sr=8-3

I think you can usually find one for around 330 to 350 or you can go with the pro for 499 but i havn't had a chance to hear one of these so i cant tell ya how they sound.

You could also look at the nuforce icon hdp, which is a very highly recomended dac that has a built in headphone amplifier, These things sound awesome too. I think if you go with either you wont be dissapointed.

Jan 22, 2011 at 8:36 AM Post #5 of 32
I know the HRT streamer II+ is great , it has rave reviews around the net!! but so does yulong D100  , HM-801 and HRT MSpro. 

I am asking if someone here has heard them so that i can get the best that i want. Moreover i dont want to end up picking up a good amp thats not for me ..

Icon HDP Hmm.. i'll add it to my list. 

Jan 27, 2011 at 9:38 PM Post #7 of 32
I recently got the Yulong D100. It is an excellent DAC that I would easily recommend. The built in headphone amp is good too.

I have not used any of the other DACs on your list. But I can say this: the D100 is the only one on the list with both balanced XLR outputs and single ended RCA outputs at the same time. This was one of my reasons for getting it. I am currently enjoying the single ended output now, but plan to try balanced in the future when I have the amp for it. But of course if you don't care about balanced, then this probably doesn't matter.

Jan 28, 2011 at 3:18 AM Post #8 of 32
ITs  the first time i am investing this much on a stand alone DAC , thats why am asking, for openions , thanks for reply.
The balanced output is a plus, sure. BUT,
the HRT MSpro also has a balanced output. 

Jan 28, 2011 at 3:45 AM Post #10 of 32
There, i changed the the title ( so as to keep you interested in this thread :p )

I know the yulong offers great sound . But have you heard the MSII pro . the thing is My friends are suggesting MSII pro from their personal experience with MSII/II+ .

SO i need some one with who has heard both MSII pro and yulong D100 :)

Jan 28, 2011 at 9:57 AM Post #12 of 32
I have the Yulong D100 and I recommend it - you are paying for a great DAC that competes with DACs double the price....read project86's review...

Jan 28, 2011 at 6:26 PM Post #14 of 32

Quote:
Why not consider the Annedio D1, recently reviewed by project86 if you don't mind spending more? It is my dream DAC/amp.

THere are very less reviews on anedio D1
The project96's review sure seems great.
I can spend on anedio D1 after 2 months, IF it gets backed up by someone who has heard it . Dont get me wrong , i respect his opinion, he is doing a great job.  its just that there are not many people who have heard it, so i cant really be sure.

Take the reference 7 (audioGD) for example, many have heard it and all say its GReat, so are the reports on MSII+  and yulong D100
another example would be, the 6moons review of HA160D , the review says its Awesome product and its DAC compares to some really high end dacs ( of cost more than 2000)
but mike (from Headphonia ) says although its a great product, but in terms of DAC performance its comparable to HRT MSII+ (cost $350 )

Quote:
I have the Yulong D100 and I recommend it - you are paying for a great DAC that competes with DACs double the price....read project86's review...

THanks for replying I sure am leaning towards the D100 ! thanks.

But lets not forget the MSII+ revies also say that they are comparable ( if not better ) than some of the great DACs double its price .

Jan 28, 2011 at 6:43 PM Post #15 of 32
To be honest - I have not had good experience with Burson HA160 - the DAC might be great but the amp sounded all fat and inflated with the DT-880 (600 ohms) and the HD 600s.

I think either of them are going to give you great value for money. Depends on the sound you want. D100 is extremely neutral and clear as day. It has balanced/RCA output options. The USB connection is really AWESOME and completely soundless...I would take into consideration what you are pairing it with and what kind of sound you are looking to build with the components you already have. That is crucial. Please explain why you were not satisfied with what you already have??

If you do decide to buy the D100, I will pass onto via a message - the dealer in China I got mine from with extra fast shipping - in fact I only paid $400 US + $20 shipping because I am in Taiwan....whereas the audiophile china website asks for more... because you are in the Asia-Pacific area - it would be really easy to pick one up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back