Want a Better Listener? Protect Those Ears
Mar 2, 2010 at 11:50 PM Post #3 of 8
Considering that babies spend the first year of there life screaming there heads off it seems strange that they now have to be protected from noise.

Mar 3, 2010 at 12:18 AM Post #4 of 8
I do remember going to sporting events as a small child and being very bothered by loud noises that didn't seem to bother those around me.

Then again, even as an adult I'm more sensitive to loud noises than most people I know. I've had to leave parties/bars because I was in pain from the sound levels.

Mar 4, 2010 at 2:55 PM Post #5 of 8
Yeah my wife say's I don't hear anything she tells me so maybe I am in real trouble, LOL. It is odd that a baby can scream their head off and now they have to be protected. Doesn't really make sense does it?

Mar 4, 2010 at 3:54 PM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

It is odd that a baby can scream their head off and now they have to be protected. Doesn't really make sense does it?

I've never seen a baby scream for 3 hours straight. Certainly not at a consistent 100+ db. You would go hoarse (and so would a baby) well before that.

Mar 4, 2010 at 3:59 PM Post #7 of 8
A bit of silence doesn't hurt. Some sounds, like the four count beat of house heavily amplified in clubs really annoy me.

Mar 4, 2010 at 4:53 PM Post #8 of 8
Yeah, and not only when a baby or small child but also when adult

Users who are viewing this thread

Back