WannaBuy small IE: Dita FAD Vega...or Noble ?
Jul 29, 2017 at 3:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

redkingjoe

100+ Head-Fier
Hello from a newbie.

Just brought a FAD FI-BA-SS And wanna to get another small size IE.

Background:
1 size: I have been using smaller sized in-ear headphone in life. My earphone experience is only based on a Sony Mdr e484! Recently, I found that FInal audio's size is good for me. It seems that Dita's size is good too. How about Campfire Audio Vega? Are there any great IE that are small?

2 music that I listen to are very diversified. Classical, j-pop, k-pop, Chinese, broadway shows, Linkin Park, lady gaga,..etc. Most of my CDs are audiophile quality.( yes I use portable CD player Sony DZ-555). I will also watch movie with iPad 2! I enjoy deep bass but I'm ok to sacrifice some bass quantity for $, fit, comfort, and other virtual.

3 I usually listen to music using home Audio system. But I need to use an IE when I go to gym, Library.

4 beside being small, Fad FiBaSs was picked because it sounds decently real, it does not use a crossover inside the IE, it has the least connectors tip to tip from the plug to the earphone, it looks great, it uses great material, it's well-built and it seems to be evergreen and lasting. Dita' s answer, truth, awesome and dream seem to share similar attributes. So is vega. ( Vega is great price for only US900 new in Hong Kong). Dita dream is too expensive now but I might wait for a second hand. (I might end up using Dita or vega for pops and Fibass for classical.?)

5 it looks to me that Vega and Dreams are the best options if I want good sound quality smaller size IE. They can compliment the short coming of Fibass.

6 however, a huge pair of second hand Noble K10U(around $900) or JH Layla universal v1 (around $1200) is truly appealing. Are they too big on the move? Neither do I have friends to borrow for trying on for long time nor do I have the confidence to get used to these biggies!!!

7 What are the Best Buy? Best options? Can anyone please give some input for this newbie here?

My budget is around us$1,000 depending on the quality. And I don't need new models. Now I have the Finals audio fibass, I can wait.

Thanks for your kindness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back