Wanna transform the audio capability of your sad & tired computer? If you've got $500, here's how!
Oct 15, 2013 at 12:26 PM Post #31 of 37
Thank you for the answers, they were very useful. I'm pondering saving to buy the emotiva 4, but that would happen in six months only. Gotta see if it's worth sacrificing a bit of quality for price.

Oct 16, 2013 at 7:54 AM Post #32 of 37
yes,Simple and effective thread,there should be more post here..thank you
3.gif

Oct 17, 2013 at 10:25 AM Post #33 of 37
The infinity Primus P163 hasn't been mentioned.  I've seen it on sale recently for $100/pr!  Works great with t-amp, and in nearfield won't need sub for sure.

I generally dislike internal soundcards.  Too much trouble to change setup, and the bus interface can be outdated sooner than one expect.

There was discussion of neutrality and accuracy.  IMO it's a moot point without taking environment into account.  "What is performed live" is an illusion: it's not unique.  Most live performances are amplified/mixed, if not tuned, so what neutrality are we kidding ourselves with here?  Even for acoustic performance, it can make a huge difference where you sit relative to the performer(s).  There's a good reason seats are priced so differently in concerts, and any musician can tell you which hall has better (or worse) acoustic.  Ultimately it's what and how we perceive the sound, not the measurements, that's the most relevant.  Just my $0.02...

Oct 17, 2013 at 11:22 AM Post #34 of 37
These JBL LSR305 are getting good reviews and only cost $300-$400pr. Claim to go down to 43Hz!!

http://www.jblpro.com/catalog/general/Product.aspx?PId=468&MId=5

Anyone had any direct experience yet? Please share.

Feel bad posting something I haven't heard yet but they do replace the JBL LSR2325P recommended by Maurico in the first post.

Seems every time a company makes a new release the products keep getting cheaper, better or both. How lucky we are.

Dec 28, 2013 at 2:44 AM Post #37 of 37
JBLPro's LSR305s paired with their LSR2310SP sub makes an incredible $500 (street price) nearfield desktop monitoring solution. I also use their MSC1 monitor system controller in an acoustically treated room. My sources are an Oppo universal disc player and a self-built HTPC.

I'd rather listen to this system than ANY headphones!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back