Wanna laugh?
Aug 25, 2005 at 4:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 29

osoucy

Head-Fier
Hi Guys...

It is incredible how people don't appreciate good products.

I just read a review of the er6i on cnet.com.

I always enjoy to see how people reactions of people to products that I own.

This is one is incredible!
ER6i Review

Have fun

Aug 25, 2005 at 4:49 PM Post #2 of 29
bahahahaha
orphsmile.gif

Aug 25, 2005 at 4:55 PM Post #3 of 29
Quote:

the apple stock headphones that came with the ipod are literally no comparison, they BLOW THE ETYMOTICS OUT OF THE WATER

LOL. I guess he should come to our apple bud appreication thread.

Aug 25, 2005 at 5:02 PM Post #4 of 29
Well, the filters *do* need changing . . . .

Funny story, that. I didn't know about the filter thing when I got my first pair of er6s. I used them on the go, biking to work, etc., so when one side diminished and eventually died, I figured they'd taken a hit.

Now, to replace them, hmmm....

Those er4s get good reviews. So first I got the P's, then a pair of S's.

Still have the refiltered 6's, but not knowing about the filter change was a blessing in disguise.

Andy

Aug 25, 2005 at 5:17 PM Post #5 of 29
I really doubt that guy had a good seal with the ER-6i.

Aug 25, 2005 at 5:21 PM Post #6 of 29
The guy probably has a shrine in his closet for Bose, with bunches of newspaper cut-outs of audiophile wannabe reviewers (perhaps even bribed ones) giving 2 thumbs up towards Bose products. I don't understand how ignorant some people are, and why they don't read instructions before they use something. He and his friend for sure didn't get a good seal using those IEM's.

Aug 25, 2005 at 5:24 PM Post #7 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by Teerawit
I really doubt that guy had a good seal with the ER-6i.

My thoughts exactly

Aug 25, 2005 at 6:02 PM Post #9 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by gshan
Another average consumer victim of the promotion/plugs that CNET and others have made in the media, claiming that the hi-fi er6i is the must have earphone for all Ipod users.

The unawashed masses will always be the unawashed masses. Some people don't appreciate genuine improvements if you hit them over the head with them.

I recommended PX-100's to one guy and he insisted his $20 Sony Streetstyle were better sounding. You can't account for lack of taste sometimes.

Aug 25, 2005 at 6:25 PM Post #10 of 29
I had the most satisfying roflcopter session I've had in a while.

In related news: that guy needs to tell the stick he's got up his butt to get the stick out of it's butt, then figure out how to get a better seal...or get better taste in headphone quality. When you're saying your iBuds perform better than Ety ER-6i's, you have officially either lost all hearing ability or become the biggest bigot in the world.

Aug 25, 2005 at 6:56 PM Post #12 of 29
Wow, did he forget to actually put them in his ears? After reading that I was
laughing pretty hard. Then I had a thought...

At the bottom of the "review" there is a link you can hit to "report an offensive post"
eek.gif
etysmile.gif

Soooo tempting to click...

-Jeff

Aug 25, 2005 at 11:19 PM Post #13 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by Win0ver
If he used them for ONE day, how would he even know?

Haha Ya I know. He must have never cleaned his ears before, because i still havnt changed my filter yet.

Aug 26, 2005 at 12:04 AM Post #14 of 29
I read a review of the ER6i on some gadget magazine (T3 I think) and they reviewer said the exact same thing; weak bass, "no isolation" (
blink.gif
blink.gif
blink.gif
) bla bla bla.

I can't believe how stupid these people are, I mean the instructions that come with the ER6i specifically say they are to be inserted deep into the canal.

Aug 26, 2005 at 12:17 AM Post #15 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by Win0ver
If he used them for ONE day, how would he even know?

I was definitely questioning that after reading the review. There's just no way that he would know this after one single day of use which resulted in shipping them back right after.

I definitely agree that it's most likely the fact that he just didn't know how to insert them in properly and didn't have a good seal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back