Wanna buy the Stax sr009, should I?
Apr 21, 2011 at 11:49 PM Post #122 of 174
It's review time.  
biggrin.gif

Apr 22, 2011 at 5:35 PM Post #124 of 174
1.21 jigawatts

Quote:
I hate to be a nanny, but anyone with knowledge want to calculate the electric field strength? Or, one of the japanese members want to ask stax?

Apr 22, 2011 at 6:43 PM Post #125 of 174

Quote:
1.21 jigawatts

Great scott!

Gonna need some plutonium or hope for a lightning storm to generate that kinda power.

Apr 23, 2011 at 1:19 AM Post #126 of 174
Not to speak of the DeLorean - harder to find than a T2...
wink.gif

May 2, 2011 at 3:54 PM Post #130 of 174
To those whom it may concern:
Update on my US (ElusiveDisk) order for new Stax SR-009, & SRM-323S (IMO, SRM-323S is an excellent amp, provided one does not need to listen at loud+ volume levels). Expected USA availability date for the SR-009 has been extended from April to late May -- and even this late May date remains uncertain.
The world-wide demand is apparently very high for the 'best-of-best' SR-009, despite the high price.  Also, the Japanese local market is reportedly purchasing the current production.  My impression, so far.

May 2, 2011 at 4:02 PM Post #131 of 174
No shock that the date has moved from April, given it's already May :p  Actually, their site has given a May date for several weeks now. 

Their site still says May 6th as an estimated arrival date... have you had an e-mail or phone conversation with them that gave you the impression the date would be later? 

Quote:
To those whom it may concern:
Update on my US (ElusiveDisk) order for new Stax SR-009, & SRM-323S (IMO, SRM-323S is an excellent amp, provided one does not need to listen at loud+ volume levels). Expected USA availability date for the SR-009 has been extended from April to late May -- and even this late May date remains uncertain.
The world-wide demand is apparently very high for the 'best-of-best' SR-009, despite the high price.  Also, the Japanese local market is reportedly purchasing the current production.  My impression, so far.

May 3, 2011 at 4:34 PM Post #133 of 174
Whats the chance that these will come down in price? I am thinking Stax doesn't really lower prices but maybe the resellers prices are inflated.
I guess it is somewhat reasonable compared to say the HE90 but being past $5k pisses me off. It is pretty great to see in the year or so that I
started using Stax that has been quite a few new models put out. Looks like there was a really long stretch in between this time.

Looking over old reviews on the HE90 I don't really see any that make it to be a great headphone more just an expensive one. One even had it
as a marginal step up from the Lambda Signatures at the time. Is it even better than the HE60 because sounds like the HE60 has better quantity
of bass. I really wonder given that the SR-507 is considered a step up from the Signatures of the past if the HE90 even is better than them.

May 3, 2011 at 5:04 PM Post #134 of 174
Actually, reseller prices for the US are really low.  Supposedly Needle Doctor stopped being a Stax distributor since they only get %15 cut on each headphone they sell....and it's hard to have a 30 day return policy with such low cuts.  So don't expect prices in the US to come down at all unless the Yen crashes, which is extremely unlikely since they pretty much have no inflation over there.

May 3, 2011 at 8:12 PM Post #135 of 174
Is that what happened with the Needle Doctor.  I purchased a stax extension cable about 2 months ago and and when I want back all Stax was gone.  Hope they have a clearance sale.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back