Wanna a system with headphone and DAC AMP use on laptop
Sep 12, 2013 at 1:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

xinyuzhao

New Head-Fier
Here can not more than 1500 dollar for it and I need a system about listen to the music which is vocal of Asian lady and Nightwish or X japan . 
AND TWO WAY I THINK IS :
1. Lavry Da11 +DT880 250ohms
2 .Rs1i+Ra1+ DAC (NO IDEA)

So if here is some another idea that will be great and although I say 1500 bucks, but I would like to around 1000 bucks, because I m just students

Thanks every one, Please help freshman.

Sep 12, 2013 at 2:39 PM Post #5 of 13
QUestions for you

You like vocals, so are you looking for the airy presentation of a Open Back or the intamacy of a closed back
Do you want detailed sound or richness [OTL Tube amp or Solid State]
In addition  Are you listening at home or at work? Or maybe at long class sessions 

Now, here's what I'm doing. I'm getting an Audio GD 10ES2 About $650, and a Balanced Beyer Dynamic Dt 880 600 ohm, The headphones Might cost around $500 new [balanced] but if you buy used [$250], and get a recable for maybe $150 and save $100 that way. But your best bet is going to be a Combo Amp and Dac, Single End set up, max of about $600 for either a tube or solid state, amp Leaving you with about $400 for a nice pair of headphones, HE 400 or Beyer T90 even and for closed, you can grab an  Ath w1000x or a D5k maybe 

Sep 13, 2013 at 8:52 AM Post #7 of 13
about woman vocal can be open back and 1500- include dac connect to laptop

What do you like about the song, you know what let me listen to it can I get a link, and let me share some vocals with you and what you may enjoy or notice about them

And if your budget is $1500, grab a Balanced Dt 880 and a Audio GD 10es2, that should cover all your bases, I'll recommend other headphones once we figure out what exctly you like, but in case you can't describe it well, the Dt 880s are nice all arounders 

Light and airy voice, very playful 

Deep, soulful with a lot of tonal dynamics

[honestly she needs better music mastering, her tracks lack sound dynamics. I have a feeling when she sings she varies her volume -.- and some one some idiot removes this from the music she makes] 

Sep 13, 2013 at 10:02 AM Post #8 of 13
  Here can not more than 1500 dollar for it and I need a system about listen to the music which is vocal of Asian lady and Nightwish or X japan . 
AND TWO WAY I THINK IS :
1. Lavry Da11 +DT880 250ohms
2 .Rs1i+Ra1+ DAC (NO IDEA)

So if here is some another idea that will be great and although I say 1500 bucks, but I would like to around 1000 bucks, because I m just students

Thanks every one, Please help freshman.

Heya,

AudioGD NFB-10SE (balanced, excellent dac, excellent amplifier, can power even the HE-6, future proofed, excellent in every way)
Hifiman HE-500 (one of the most natural sounding headphones there is)
With remaining budget, commission a balanced cable to be made for the HE-500.
That's an entry point that is serious bang for buck into the balanced world and planar magnetics. Easily an end-game setup for 99% of most people. 

Very best,

Sep 13, 2013 at 10:09 AM Post #9 of 13

Heya,

AudioGD NFB-10SE (balanced, excellent dac, excellent amplifier, can power even the HE-6, future proofed, excellent in every way)
Hifiman HE-500 (one of the most natural sounding headphones there is)
With remaining budget, commission a balanced cable to be made for the HE-500.
That's an entry point that is serious bang for buck into the balanced world and planar magnetics. Easily an end-game setup for 99% of most people. 

Very best,

Yea I want to end up there my self, 

Sep 13, 2013 at 1:56 PM Post #10 of 13
HOW CAN I say the style because a lot of song it Chinese
I dont like hifiman
how aout schiit bifrost+lyr+akg k702 65th
or audiolab m dac+sr225
which one will be better
and I also will use it to listen Nightwish X japan and so on

Sep 13, 2013 at 3:34 PM Post #11 of 13
  HOW CAN I say the style because a lot of song it Chinese
I dont like hifiman
how aout schiit bifrost+lyr+akg k702 65th
or audiolab m dac+sr225
which one will be better
and I also will use it to listen Nightwish X japan and so on

I see a language barrier, it's not the meaning but the sound of it. But since your not a native Speaker of english... I doubt you'll describe sound like we do 

Don't like HifiMan... well yea a k702 65'th might b another good option, 

Do not go with a grado, as they are very love or hate, and will work with only a few genres of music. Your best bet is to stick with Headphones like the BeyerDyanmic T90 or Akg K 702 65'th or even the ATH AD1000x. These headphone would pair nice with a tube as well 

Sep 14, 2013 at 8:52 AM Post #13 of 13
  Beyer T90 I think it is cannot adapt my style and how about my opinion about K702 65th+schiit 

can not adapt your style... as in the looks of it... honestly the K702 is a nice sounding can and pairing it with a Schiit Lyr should warm it up. 

Be the way where do you live, the head fi For Sale thread has some nice deals. Depending on where you live you could get a very nice set u[ for about 75% msrp 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back