Wan’t to try IEM on hybrid amp - can you help to find a near 350 $ IEM to start ?
Jan 3, 2024 at 3:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Roland de Gilead

New Head-Fier
Hello good people,

I'm not new to audio but I'm used to spending my money on speakers and headphones and I've only just become aware of all the recent evolution in the IEM world which seems very dynamic.

I just bought a small hybrid amp (MT 604 xduoo) and would like to try the IEM to feel the difference. I have the Sony XM4 but it's just for traveling when my px8 is too visible. I would also like an IEM that is comfortable if I fall asleep because I usually sleep with my hd 598 and it bothers me at night so I have to take it off, it wakes me up.

Do you have any recommendations for an IEM near $350 that fits a hybrid amp and is comfortable at night?

THANKS

Jan 3, 2024 at 7:16 PM Post #4 of 12
Hello good people,

I'm not new to audio but I'm used to spending my money on speakers and headphones and I've only just become aware of all the recent evolution in the IEM world which seems very dynamic.

I just bought a small hybrid amp (MT 604 xduoo) and would like to try the IEM to feel the difference. I have the Sony XM4 but it's just for traveling when my px8 is too visible. I would also like an IEM that is comfortable if I fall asleep because I usually sleep with my hd 598 and it bothers me at night so I have to take it off, it wakes me up.

Do you have any recommendations for an IEM near $350 that fits a hybrid amp and is comfortable at night?

THANKS
What kind of sound signature would you like?

Otherwise I’ll just give a generic recommendation: AFUL MagicOne (my review). This one is hard to drive (low sensitivity, decent impedance ), so you can pair with your hybrid amp without worrying about noise or impedance mismatch. It’s quite small as well.

The most comfortable IEMs should be Sennheiser IE series.

Jan 4, 2024 at 12:16 AM Post #5 of 12
What kind of sound signature would you like?

Otherwise I’ll just give a generic recommendation: AFUL MagicOne (my review). This one is hard to drive (low sensitivity, decent impedance ), so you can pair with your hybrid amp without worrying about noise or impedance mismatch. It’s quite small as well.

The most comfortable IEMs should be Sennheiser IE series.
Thanks for your answer. I have a focal clear and i appreciate the neutral and precise (but not clinical) sound. I enjoy vast soundstage and elastic bass.

Jan 4, 2024 at 1:36 PM Post #8 of 12
Honestly, it's more comfy for me than wearing something smaller that doesn't conform to my ear, the odd shapes poke around and it sucks. The only problem I run into is possible damage to the 2 pin connector if you have a pillow of steel or whatever lol.

Jan 5, 2024 at 3:33 PM Post #10 of 12
Hello good people,

THANKS
Final A5000 - most comfortable IEM I've ever encountered. Great sound, good price.

Jan 6, 2024 at 5:43 PM Post #11 of 12
So I opted for IE 600. The shape seems fine and comfortable and I appreciate the enthusiastic feedback from reviewers and on the thread. A big thank you for your answers. I hope that I will enjoy it, I thought that with the ie 200 I would have been in a category a little too below the quality that I already have like the HD660 or the Clear focal, maybe even my old 598. I didn't want to be disappointed and I'm curious to discover the world of IEM. As I know Sennheiser well, I feel confident with this purchase.

Jan 6, 2024 at 5:51 PM Post #12 of 12
So I opted for IE 600. The shape seems fine and comfortable and I appreciate the enthusiastic feedback from reviewers and on the thread. A big thank you for your answers. I hope that I will enjoy it, I thought that with the ie 200 I would have been in a category a little too below the quality that I already have like the HD660 or the Clear focal, maybe even my old 598. I didn't want to be disappointed and I'm curious to discover the world of IEM. As I know Sennheiser well, I feel confident with this purchase.
Should be a super solid choice. Enjoy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back