Walnut Hi-Fi V2 WAV (& MP3) Player by wt - :ok_hand: screenless budget killer combo DAP/Amp :ok_hand:
Feb 17, 2017 at 8:31 AM Post #2,086 of 3,631
hi all how do i know if i have inserted the opamp correctly??
sorry i am a noob in these kind of things.. Senpais teach me :frowning2:

The AD825 i inserted seems to be sticking out abit more than the stock opamp but i cant press it in any further lol. is this fine?

Feb 17, 2017 at 10:40 AM Post #2,087 of 3,631
Hi all. First time posting! Was a long time lurker but getting a walnut v2 made me want to create an account.

I'm very happy that I bought this tiny wonderful thing. I've been reading the thread and got excited about op amps and rolling and bought the muses 01 and muses 02. I have a question about the AD825 amps can I get them already soldered on those board things? The only ones I see in Aliexpress are just the chips themselves not connected to anything.

hi all how do i know if i have inserted the opamp correctly??
sorry i am a noob in these kind of things.. Senpais teach me :frowning2:

The AD825 i inserted seems to be sticking out abit more than the stock opamp but i cant press it in any further lol. is this fine?

Also Silverre I believe you got yours in correctly the semi-circle on the chip should align with the semi-circle on the board.

Feb 17, 2017 at 12:27 PM Post #2,088 of 3,631
   I have a question about the AD825 amps can I get them already soldered on those board things? The only ones I see in Aliexpress are just the chips themselves not connected to anything.

Also Silverre I believe you got yours in correctly the semi-circle on the chip should align with the semi-circle on the board.

Welcome to the board man! Happy to have you here :)

Any chip that is a dual opamp sould work. I think ad825 is mono because i see some boards with two of them on one DIP adapter.

BTW I actually ordered some BA IEMs. Will have to hear firsthand how they are off the Walnut...

Feb 17, 2017 at 12:39 PM Post #2,089 of 3,631
Welcome to the board man! Happy to have you here :)

Any chip that is a dual opamp sould work. I think ad825 is mono because i see some boards with two of them on one DIP adapter.

BTW I actually ordered some BA IEMs. Will have to hear firsthand how they are off the Walnut...

You should also get iem with multiple BA to make the issue even more obvious XD

Feb 17, 2017 at 1:09 PM Post #2,091 of 3,631
  Hi all. First time posting! Was a long time lurker but getting a walnut v2 made me want to create an account.

I'm very happy that I bought this tiny wonderful thing. I've been reading the thread and got excited about op amps and rolling and bought the muses 01 and muses 02. I have a question about the AD825 amps can I get them already soldered on those board things? The only ones I see in Aliexpress are just the chips themselves not connected to anything.

Stick to 8 pin DIP packages and you have less issues. If you want to play with SIPs then you can buy something pre-made or get an adapter/daughter board and build it yourself.

Feb 17, 2017 at 1:18 PM Post #2,092 of 3,631
  Stick to 8 pin DIP packages and you have less issues. If you want to play with SIPs then you can buy something pre-made or get an adapter/daughter board and build it yourself.

is there a dual version of AD825?

Feb 17, 2017 at 5:02 PM Post #2,099 of 3,631
  I don't see a link to the tool to pull out opamp's in the first post? Someone posted a link a while ago in this thread.

Got one here
https://www.creatroninc.com/product/ic-extractor/?search_query=dip+ic+extractor&results=2

Feb 17, 2017 at 5:02 PM Post #2,100 of 3,631

Users who are viewing this thread

Back