Wallet - Fi
Oct 26, 2013 at 2:10 PM Post #46 of 64
Here's my Saddleback Front Pocket ID Wallet in dark coffee brown.

I keep my cash is a separate pocket, so this is just cards. I like that the ID window is open, no crappy plastic to get in the way and I can just slide my license out with my thumb when needed. The (relatively) small capacity just forces me to minimize what I carry, which is a good thing.

Dec 13, 2013 at 6:37 AM Post #47 of 64
I have been down this road as well. if you spend for a martin dingman or ferrigamo you pretty much never need another wallet. as long as you do not put it in the laundry.

Dec 30, 2013 at 6:26 AM Post #48 of 64
My "Dosh" wallet is made from recycled tyres apparently...

the inside has take a bit of a pounding (all those headfi purchases...)

normally there is at least some money in it...

Jan 3, 2014 at 12:15 AM Post #50 of 64
I recently picked up a saddleback bifold wallet. Very happy with the quality and the smell of it so far. Highly recommended!

Jan 4, 2014 at 4:39 AM Post #51 of 64
I've got a Dockers leather L-Fold.
It's pretty thick, but it's nice quality, and for sure nice to hold. It smells pretty good too. (If you're into that...)
IMAG0544.jpg

Front of my wallet, closed.

IMAG0549-ACTION.jpg

Inside, halfway unfolded.
There's an ID window which usually caries my license (removed for the sake of not getting my identity stolen, and one day finding my bank account spent on a trip to the Bahamas I never planned).
There's also 3 card slots with an extra pouch behind.

IMAG0555.jpg

The side with the ID window flips up to reveal more card slots. I use these for the gift cards I got for Christmas.

IMAG0559.jpg

Plenty of room for my craploads of singles behind my gift cards.

IMAG0563.jpg

I even stuck in some aluminium sheets covered in duct tape to give at least a little protection from RFID readers.
It seems I've foiled their plans! (Ba-dun-tsss)

It's not exactly luxury, or minimalist, or anything, but it was made from some nice leather, and had decent stitching, and everything. Plus, it has a pretty cool design, in my opinion.

Jul 15, 2014 at 8:24 PM Post #52 of 64
  Here's my Saddleback Front Pocket ID Wallet in dark coffee brown.

I keep my cash is a separate pocket, so this is just cards. I like that the ID window is open, no crappy plastic to get in the way and I can just slide my license out with my thumb when needed. The (relatively) small capacity just forces me to minimize what I carry, which is a good thing.

Really like this wallet.  Have it in the coffee and tobacco brown.  Great quality, and honestly, for those who never carry cash..me, its perfect.  No back pocket bulge that irritates the heck out of ya.  I have one of their messenger bags too.  Very nice!

Aug 27, 2014 at 3:53 AM Post #53 of 64
Just bought my new Targa wallet at Quasso.it. I definitly like their statement about the fact that its boring that every man has either a black or brown wallet. This one is made out of real lizard skin. Can't wait to see it in real life! 
quasso.jpg

Dec 5, 2014 at 6:04 PM Post #54 of 64
Hey guys. Looking for something like this. I've scoured the earth and internet. Seems to pop up every so often on the street in NYC. Very easy for grabbing the metro card. Can't live without it. It seems impossible to find a nicer wallet with this build (vertical) and outer pocket.

Dec 11, 2014 at 1:22 AM Post #55 of 64
I have a Saddleback Front Pocket ID Wallet and have been using it for about two years.

I like that it's slim but it doesn't look pretty to me. Thinking about changing to a bifold. Maybe the bellroy?

Dec 16, 2014 at 6:19 AM Post #56 of 64
anyone know who makes a tri fold wallet that the money pouch is on the fold that flips up after you open ur wallet
i had a couch wallet about 20 years ago that did this loved the wallet and was the only wallet i ever lost it was not a good day lol

Jan 11, 2015 at 2:36 PM Post #59 of 64
I used to use a money clip for a while because i thought it was cool (still do) but i found it too impractical for my needs. I need some place to stash my plastic as well as my cash.

I use a Louis Vuitton Multiple in Damier Canvas which has been my trusty companion for about 7 years now. It doesn't have a pouch for coins (i never carry coins when i leave the house, i just accumulate the change i get when i buy something and keep it in my pants pocket until i get home). Anyway, after having it for about 3 years some of the stitching came off. Nothing that wasn't easily fixed but at this price point i think this shouldn't happen after just 3 years of use (of course i take good care of it, as i do with all my things).

I am confident that it will last for another decade, if not longer. But if i should ever need a new wallet i doubt it will be LV again. I might go Bottega Veneta, if the build quality of their clothing and shoes is an indicator their wallets should be superb as well. Also they are much more "low key" which i like.

May 19, 2016 at 2:11 AM Post #60 of 64
I got a wallet with zippers! It's useful. I put my coins in one side and my keys and a usb drive in the other side. I take function over style for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back