Wallet - Fi
Feb 15, 2013 at 3:32 AM Post #4 of 64
Bellroy Slim Sleeve 

Feb 15, 2013 at 7:03 AM Post #5 of 64
My 6 years old eastpak :

Feb 15, 2013 at 2:34 PM Post #6 of 64
I am supper picky about my wallet I want to go back to a bi fold but I need a place to stash a key or two in my wallet were I know it wont fall out this is what make it hard for me to find a wallet I like.

Feb 16, 2013 at 1:54 AM Post #7 of 64
I hate my wallet, it's a nasty, trifold wallet, it's poorly made, and black. I don't like black leather. I'm planning on getting one of these in the near future
http://www.saddlebackleather.com/Classic-Wallet-Bifold?sc=8&category=87

A saddleback bifold wallet (medium) in chestnut.

Feb 17, 2013 at 2:37 PM Post #8 of 64
Quote:
My 6 years old eastpak :

Oh I remember those days when Jansports and Eastpak backpacks were very popular :D

Quote:
Bellroy Slim Sleeve 

I like the slimness of this. However, isn't it uncomfortable to put in or take out cash??

Quote:
Eh, why not?

I got it from Etsy.com and it is made of wool. I grew old of leather wallets wearing quick or being destroyed by accidentally getting washed, so I opted for something different and have been please for about a year already. :)

Looks very simple and clean.

Feb 17, 2013 at 2:38 PM Post #9 of 64
Quote:
I am supper picky about my wallet I want to go back to a bi fold but I need a place to stash a key or two in my wallet were I know it wont fall out this is what make it hard for me to find a wallet I like.

Actually it is true to find the one that I like was very hard...the one i have right now, I am not 100% satisfied..

Quote:
I hate my wallet, it's a nasty, trifold wallet, it's poorly made, and black. I don't like black leather. I'm planning on getting one of these in the near future
http://www.saddlebackleather.com/Classic-Wallet-Bifold?sc=8&category=87

A saddleback bifold wallet (medium) in chestnut.

Looks nice! very clean simple looking.

Feb 17, 2013 at 10:09 PM Post #10 of 64
On the belroy slim sleeve:

No, as long as you dont mind folding your bills and stacking them on top of each other, its not very difficult to put cash in or out. This wallet isn't meant for someone who carries 10-15 notes with with, i usually carry only 20 or 30 bucks with me at a time. 

I am thinking about getting their smallest wallet for when i am out bar hopping !

Feb 17, 2013 at 10:35 PM Post #11 of 64
Quote:
On the belroy slim sleeve:

No, as long as you dont mind folding your bills and stacking them on top of each other, its not very difficult to put cash in or out. This wallet isn't meant for someone who carries 10-15 notes with with, i usually carry only 20 or 30 bucks with me at a time. 

I am thinking about getting their smallest wallet for when i am out bar hopping !

I just went to bellroy's website, and i kinda like it lol

My wallet is bulky... 99% of time all i use is ID, credit card....

Nice quality leather... various sizes...

The smallest wallet you are talking about is "card sleeve wallet"?

ps. thinking of buying one from them lol

Feb 19, 2013 at 2:38 PM Post #12 of 64
Yes, its the card sleeve. Though i am not sure i can justify it... my slim sleeve is also very think, i usually carry it in my front pocket and i wear skinny jeans.

Feb 23, 2013 at 1:16 PM Post #13 of 64
A word of caution; the Saddleback wallets are very thick in your pocket, and I have heard numerous reports of people's credit cards snapping inside them because of the stiff leather.
I think they just recently switched to using a lower quality grade of leather on a number of their products as well.

I have some Saddleback products and really like them, but I don't know that I would buy one of their wallets.

These days I am leaning towards credit card holders rather than full size wallets, and in five years, you probably won't even need them as your phone will have replaced your cards.

I have been looking around for a new card holder for a while now, and have it narrowed down to a few. I can't speak to their quality from personal experience, but you might want to check out:
It's surprising that, when you would expect the products to be hand-picked for display, so many wallets and card cases show poor construction even just from looking at their high resolution photos online. Of course you can't really evaluate quality unless you see them in person, but I haven't heard a bad thing about any of these so far.

Feb 23, 2013 at 9:46 PM Post #14 of 64
Quote:
A word of caution; the Saddleback wallets are very thick in your pocket, and I have heard numerous reports of people's credit cards snapping inside them because of the stiff leather.
I think they just recently switched to using a lower quality grade of leather on a number of their products as well.

I have some Saddleback products and really like them, but I don't know that I would buy one of their wallets.

These days I am leaning towards credit card holders rather than full size wallets, and in five years, you probably won't even need them as your phone will have replaced your cards.

I have been looking around for a new card holder for a while now, and have it narrowed down to a few. I can't speak to their quality from personal experience, but you might want to check out: Filson
Pickett
Quasso

It's surprising that, when you would expect the products to be hand-picked for display, so many wallets and card cases show poor construction even just from looking at their high resolution photos online. Of course you can't really evaluate quality unless you see them in person, but I haven't heard a bad thing about any of these so far.

Wow, how do you snap a card inside a stiff flat object 0.o
And I always carry cash, I hate paying for minor purchases with plastic.

Feb 24, 2013 at 11:55 AM Post #15 of 64
Quote:

I have been looking around for a new card holder for a while now, and have it narrowed down to a few. I can't speak to their quality from personal experience, but you might want to check out: Filson
Pickett
Quasso

Quasso leather wallets look cool! I like snake and lizard leathers....hehe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back