Walkman NWZ F886 officialy announced!! [192khz/24bits]
Aug 11, 2014 at 8:10 PM Post #1,339 of 1,472
Which Sony headphone models work with the F880's digital noise cancelling? Can the MDR-10RNC do noise cancelling without the batteries with this player? That'd be an added cool factor, but more than anything I'm interested in an upgrade to the bundled phones. I'm not sure one even exists yet though.

Aug 13, 2014 at 6:58 AM Post #1,342 of 1,472
  Hi, I was wondering if you had the choice between the ESW-9, the Sennheiser HD 25 or the ATH-M50 which would be paired best with the f886 without an external amp?  Thanks, I am close to choosing, but I think I need a push lol.  

I can't comment on this as i've not used the HD25 and M50 before. but coupled with the ESW-9, you get really rich and warm mids plus enough bass without an amp.

Aug 15, 2014 at 3:13 PM Post #1,345 of 1,472
Hi guys, I am the only one who has WiFi issues on latest (1.22) firmware? After updating I see that from time to time wifi connection just goes down and after that stucks in 'Obtaining IP address'

Aug 16, 2014 at 3:05 AM Post #1,346 of 1,472
  Hi guys, I am the only one who has WiFi issues on latest (1.22) firmware? After updating I see that from time to time wifi connection just goes down and after that stucks in 'Obtaining IP address'

That's a bug I occasionally encounter on multiple Android devices. Just select options>forget and then re-add the Wi-Fi access point and hopefully you'll be fine.

Aug 17, 2014 at 2:48 PM Post #1,347 of 1,472
Hi Guys,

I have had the F886 for just under a week, but seem to be having major battery issue, and hope that someone might offer some knowledge or guidance.

Let me start by saying that the F886 is paired with a PHA-2. I have not monitored the battery drain by using the unit alone. I only bought the F886 as a pair for the PHA-2, as I have had this kicking around for a few months without a suitable pairing.

I have downloaded nothing to the F886; flight mode is on; wifi, bluetooth, et al, are all off; every single sound enhancement is unchecked. The best I have to date is 3 hours 12 minutes with 70% Device idle, 16% Media player, 13% Media server and 1% Screen.

One the one hand, I do hope that this is due to the PHA-2, but at the same time would be slightly peeved that these two Sony units do not match. That's life I suppose.

I have read every single of the 90 pages and get the gist that some people get great battery life while others get something bordering on pitiful. Might be a bad unit or operator incompetence (which I have been know to be!).

Anyway, any help or advice would be much appreciated.

Aug 17, 2014 at 4:39 PM Post #1,348 of 1,472

Did you update the firmware?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back